• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

How to get at the Idler / Pitman arm lube points?

autumn walker

I was lubing the front end of the truck tonight knowing that there are 12 points (including the spare carrier).

I was able to get the upper control arms, inner / outer tie rods, but I was not able to locate the zerk fittings for the
Idler Pivot assembly, Idler Arm, or Pitman Arm. I also didn't see the lower control arm ones, but I found them online so I will get them tomorrow evening.

I was able to see one on the idler arm (pivot?) looking down with the hood open, but I have no idea how to get at it. Suggestions?

autumn walker

Here are the pics I was using as reference (one side of truck shown).

I borrowed these from another site - the appear in multiple threads when you search on Google.

Inner Tie Rod.jpgIdler Pivot.jpgIdler Arm.jpgLower Control Arm.jpgOuter Tie Rod.jpgPitman Arm.jpgUpper Control Arm.jpg

Big2dabank

I use the small size grease gun with a flexible tip and I have no problems reaching those two points. Drop the skid plate and turn the wheels until the pitman/idler are in a good position for access to the zerk fittings.