Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mud Terrain
    Thanks
    I like the idea of pulling the valve cover off and cleaning everything out then adding the catch can to see how well it worked.
    2007 Hummer H3 :: 35x12.5R17 Pitbull Rocker Radials | Black Rhino 17x9 El Cajon Wheels | PATC Stage 3/4 Trans | ARB Roof Rack | CSF Radiator | Custom E-Fan 12" Pusher | Ultimate Power Steering Upgrade | Scorpworks Bushings | Skyfall Off Road Torsion Bars | Schwarttzy Shackles | Schwarttzy Under Body Protection | ARB Air Compressor | Modified SPOD Control System | 30" Ridged Light Bar | 2 x 4" Rough Country Light Pods | 5 x 13.5 Trail Light Bars | ProComp Leveling Kit & MX-6 Adjustable Shocks | Daystar 1" Body Lift | Detroit Trutrac Locker Rear | Air Doc | ARB Snorkel | 4:1 Transfer Case | Custom Engine Tune | Custom Line-X and Paintwork.

2000 Humvee in pieces.
    2009 H3T Alpha
    2017 BMW X1
    2016 4 Runner TRD Pro

Baja
    Thanks
    It's just a lot of work since you have to remove the intake as well, and you need to install new gaskets as well, you're not supposed to reuse the old ones from what I've read. That's a lot of time and money I don't really care to invest in at this point just on it's own merit.

But I figure if I end up having to replace my starter I'll probably use that as an opportunity to do just that, since I'd be taking the intake off anyway, removing the valve cover at that point won't be much more work.
    2008 Victory Red H3

My build log

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." - General John Stark

N1JPA

Pavement Prince
    Thanks
    Was hessitant to do this but with this great writeup and the vehicle turning off on the highway in bumper to bumper traffic etc or cutting off when i hit hard on the brakes i had to go for it. The fact the dealer wanted 300 to do it was also an incentive to do it myself. Thank you for the great step by step writeup and everyones input helped a lot.

Name:  IMG_6085.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  596.9 KBName:  IMG_6089.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  690.1 KBName:  IMG_6097.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  687.9 KBName:  IMG_6096.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  728.5 KB

Low Profile
    Thanks
    Boerwarrior - looks like the image links were broken - def interested in doing this'un here but I need all the help I can's get. Any chance you can relink your images? thanks in advance!