• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Official Hummer Club run and other ideas this weekend? [Feb 25-26 weekend?]

Kurt

Is anyone planning on going to the Borrego Springs / Palm Canyon run this weekend?

http://www.thehummerclubinc.com/Events/EventDetail.aspx?I=114

It runs Friday to Sunday, with Predator doing technical trail support, with various runs and recovering flipped over 4x4's and a BBQ on Saturday. There's a fee to enter which is a donation to a charity.

I was originally planning to go all 3 days but it looks like I may be able to only make it Saturday/Sunday if I'm lucky, so I'm look at doing something else this weekend as a possibility...

I heard there was some recent snow in Big Bear if that's worth checking out on Saturday or not... anyone have any plans?

Zach

Mall Crawler
I'm would be up for something, but all depends on whether or not I have my truck back

Kurt

Right now I'm 50/50 on going to the Club Hummer run, its most likely just a day for me and that's 6 hours of driving to the trail and the fees/donations for each passenger is making my passengers thinking of bailing even though I offered to pay the fees for them. It'd be different if I was getting 3 days of wheeling out of it, but I'm not sure what the schedule is even after emailing them on what they are doing on what days as most of the trails there range from easy to moderate...

On the other hand I'd just be happy doing a small run in Big Bear or some place closer just for a day or something, I wasn't sure if anyone here signed up for the Palm Canyon Run...

Kurt

What winch did you get?

The official club hummer run this weekend is out for me, I can't get friday off and most of my passengers can only make it for 1 day only. So plan B it is!

I was hoping to get at least one or two other hummers to come along Saturday or Sunday... if not big bear area, then maybe a run up to Calico, check out the ghost town and then do a prerun loop out in the BLM country and come back down Odessa trail, and take some GPS trail maps of the area for a future run after marches 2N17X run maybe? Or maybe Johnson Valley or someplace else a little different...

Or run around a few trails near big bear lake if people don't want to drive that far..

Let me know if you get your trucks back in time :)

Last edited:

cbetts

NERD!!!
What winch did you get?

The official club hummer run this weekend is out for me, I can't get friday off and most of my passengers can only make it for 1 day only. So plan B it is!

I was hoping to get at least one or two other hummers to come along Saturday or Sunday... if not big bear area, then maybe a run up to Calico, check out the ghost town and then do a prerun loop out in the BLM country and come back down Odessa trail, and take some GPS trail maps of the area for a future run after marches 2N17X run maybe? Or maybe Johnson Valley or someplace else a little different...

Or run around a few trails near big bear lake if people don't want to drive that far..

Let me know if you get your trucks back in time :)

I am so sorry I haven't been able to get out there and plan some new trails. I hope things mellow out soon for me. I am really itchin' to go wheelin'.

Zach

Mall Crawler
I haven't been able to do much lately either, I have had my truck down all but for one week since the first of the year. Pretty much got it back the Friday we ran Big Bear and Put it back in the shop the next week

Kurt

I'll pack up the truck tomorrow night, let me know by then if anyone got their rigs back, we can do a small run somewhere...

The official Hummer Club in borrego sort of fell apart for me, most of my passengers bugged out once they realized they had to pay $125 each to go, even after I offered to cover them, they didn't want to put me out a few hundred to go on runs we normally do for free..

I got to swap out my fuel pump relay tonight and I'm good to go... just got to make sure I pick up my spare parts case before the storage unit closes tomorrow...!

Zach

Mall Crawler
Kinda seems excessive anyways for not much of a run out there anyways. From the looks of it and Anthony has had a lot going on lately, more than likely I am out for anything this weekend. Unless you want to strap my Toyota the whole trail like a dinghy lol

Kurt

I may end up going on the borrego run anyways, it's really short notice to organize anything else, and worse case get a chance to meet a few new faces and get them to come with us on future runs.

CTIS compressor just stopped working so if I get that fixed and all goes well i may leave 5am tomorrow and head out there for the weekend.

One reason Hummer Club charges for runs is they run insurance for all members of the run, I guess there's a shirt plus a bbq on Saturday then the rest of the money goes to the Wounded Warrior charity.

If anyone wants to ride shotgun for a weekend, you only need to worry about the $125 donation, I'll cover fuel and hotel since it'll be likely staying in a double room by myself Saturday night....

Kurt

Looks like I'll be leaving at 4-4:30 am tomorrow morning instead, I got a room booked where the club is staying at, may drive out tonight instead, if anyone wants to shot gun out there for saturday/sunday, let me know...

Kurt

I just got back last night, it was a fun trip out there, met a few new people, some who may show up here, I'm not sure yet.

Explored and recorded a few new trails out there we can do when we return to the area in the future... I'll put pictures up in the trail reports section.