• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Bigunit's Build/Mod Thread

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Well, we all have to start somewhere...so I'll start at the very beginning....

Ever since I was a little baby (for those of you who don't know, that was a line from "Basketball Jones" featuring Tyrone Shoelaces and Cheech & Chong)
.....I wanted a HUMMER!

Then, in November 2009 fate &/or destiny brought the Unit (an '09 base model, I5, black metallic w/color-matched grille H3T) & me together. Here's are pics of my rig taken the day I saw & drove it off the lot at Legends Cadillac in Scottsdale, AZ but before I drove it home, I had the dealer remove the chrome hood handles and replace the chrome D-rings with the OEM black D-rings.

Head-on shot
laoh3tfront.jpg

Side pic
laoh3trtside.jpg

Rear pic
laoh3trear.jpg

Well, that's it for now...but at least I got my build/mod thread started...time to start the mods!

Questions: What are the first mods that I should do to my rig before I take it offroad and what size tires does everyone recommend? Will 35" tires fit or will they rub on the sway bar at full lock? :)

Last edited:

kflips

I'm going out and buying a lottery ticket -- I figured the day Big Unit started a build thread would be the day I win the lottery - the odds were about the same.

Looking forward to it

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Pics of my first two T mods are coming soon! They are just taking a lot more time than I estimated, as they are very technical and complicated mods. :)

Last edited: