• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Military? Claim your recognition badge here

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Nacho has gone above and beyond - we've got new badges for those of you with past or present service to our country as a part of the military. Please post up your branch (and any other details you'd like to share) and we'll put a little recognition on your profile.

army.png

Navy.png

Air.png

Marine.png

CG.png

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
No, it ain't gonna be like that. I obliged in part because of his request, in part because of a can of worms that I didn't want to open. As I will always maintain - arguments/discussions are good, personal attacks are bad. We were well within the bounds of a good discussion here.

RuggedH2

Web Wheeler
OK, I'll take you at your word Alex.

Even though it is only the second day here and I've already been "modded" after joking around. You know how I feel, Hell we've covered it on at least 3 different forums now.

We all have different ideas and comfort zones. Let the entire forum decide what is tolerable, if enough people don't like it they will say so. Most people who are not trolling will want to comply with the group dynamic.

Over "modded" forums are the worst IMO. Discussion forums work because we have opinions, hell... have opinions and back them up. If they are too thin skinned... it's their own job to thicken their own hide, not the world's job to accommodate the most sensitive out there. Those people probably have their own sites... but they probably don't have much to do with the military, Hummers, or off-roading a 4x4.

rant off... almost... you know how much I hate this sh!t.

Hollywood

(Space For Rent)
Was going to lay low this time around but then noticed I have a frickin' EGA in my signature... so Marine tab here.

Paladine71

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Started as Navy (first recruiter that got to me), then went Army a few years in. Navy just wasn't hardcore enough for this grunt. So Army is preferred please, Navy if two are allowed.

Thanks Nacho and alrock!

Last edited:

cbetts

NERD!!!
Sadly, the closest I ever got to the military was a Tiger Cruise on the Carl Vinson back in 1983. My father was a career sailor and climbed the ranks up to Senior Chief and then went into the Warrant program where he retired as a CWO4. The coolest thing about his commissioning was that his skipper allowed me to pin my father! I would post pics but I have everything packed right no because I am moving next week.

So to all of you that fought for this beloved country . . . I thank you for your service.

USA-04-june.gif

DJinCO

Thanks Nacho.

24 year sailor. E1 to Chief; O1-O4 (LDO Intel)
Lots of ships; Norfolk, Wash DC, and finally came home to Colorado, 4 years in Cheyenne Mountain.
Still working for DoD as a civilian govt employee.
Been with Uncle since 1977. Left for Boot Camp three days after graduating HS.