• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Speed sensor...

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Why are speed sensors important? I shall tell you!

Mine went out and got a new one today but need to install it still

Anyways on the way to work today it was raining and the speed sensor is out. I had ABS fault, Service stab sys, and traction failed, I was going slow, about 50MPH and all of a sudden the ABS light and traction light go away, woohoo its fine! It comes back on traction light is blinking and the trans revs up, tough to brake and almost had to come to a complete stop on the freeway. I was about to pull over and everything goes back to normal...It scared the crap outta me but in the end I cant blame the H3 and call it problematic...It was my fault seeing the line rubbed against the tire and almost cut the wire in half.

Another reason why the speed sensor is important is when I was wheeling I come to a steep off camber rutted out Flex is needed type of hill that is muddy to boot. I had the locker on and still couldnt get up, had to get a tug up by a jeep....Pisses me off seeing I am competitive especially when my brothers JK got up :roll:

Would I have made it if I had my speed sensor working...IDK but I would of have a better chance.

So that is why speed sensors are important :hans:

Btw do I have to pull off the tire, rotor etc to get a new one on?

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Pulling the tire off will certainly make it easier. As for rotor, I don't think it is necessary especially in the rear. Was it one in the front or rear?