• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Picked up a 2010 Alpha, looking for tires, rock sliders and UCP

LT1 POWR

Probationary Member
I picked up a low mile 2010 Alpha with the offroad package to supplement my offroading while my H1 is down. I want to do 35's and im wondering what are some good tires. Also I will need some ucp and rock sliders, looks like there are a couiple options, whats referred? I'm planning on a cb install too, what are most doing for an antenna and mount? Probabably do a uniden 520xl.

LT1 POWR

Probationary Member
Do toyo open country m/ts in a 315/75/16 fit. I have them on my H1 and they seem wide for the size, maybe its just the lugs that make them look wider.

amrg

Any 315 (35") tires should fit an H3 with stock wheels. You may need to crank the front of the H3 up abit if you dont like the rake.
Depending on what wheels you use you may end up with some rubbing on the sway bar. Using stock wheels will rub (harmless)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

SoCalH3

I have 315/75/16 Toyo Open Country MT's and absolutely love them both on and off road. As amrg mentioned just crank the front torsion and they fit perfect. They also perform excellent in snow.

I went with Knight Metal Works Up Armor UCP (unfortunately haven't seen any activity from Scarsman in the Sponsor section recently). Can't say enough for both performance and look!

I also have Schwarttzy Rock Sliders. Top notch!!

Last edited:

Hunner

If you get a chance could you measure the clearance between the tranny pan and the Knight skid plate? My H3 is not here and the shop has already removed it so I cannot at this time see if a deeper pan, 4.125 would fit. thanks