• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Just sticking my head for some help.i had to let my H2 set for 14 month

stlbob

I was in a really really bad wreck..NOT in the H2. Had serious neck injury and several neck surgery's later they said i can once again drive a car...this is a lowish mileage truck 70K when it was driven prior ran like a sewing machine everything worked and car fax had a long history of dealer maintenance ..NOW when i put fresh gas in her changed the fuel filter ..added some Sea Foam and MM oil.. she runs rough and the damn thing kicked the dreaded P0300 code..now i did automotive repair for many many years.Have my own snap on scan tool and pulled my plugs..Some plugs looked super lean others had the smell of gas...

Soooo i bought coil paks,high end set of wires,and the right plugs ( the prior owner had put some el' cheapo ngk's in her )..Also bought a set of 28lb injectors..I am thinking that the gas in the injectors had dried and varnished up the pintle..So being in the industry i get wholesale price and all my parts so while it was not cheap i still did okay on pricing..

I am looking for any feed back from anyone who might have an idea where THEY would start if it were..YOU..two heads are better than one..I really LOVE the truck i like that the 03' was heavy enough i do not have to do emissions only a safety inspection..It has a custom true dual exh,a nice fresh air intake..

Thanks for the help guys..

Bobby

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Sorry to hear about your accident and I'm glad to hear you're better now. I don't have a recommendation for you but I'm sure others will chime in. Did the H2 also get a new battery and an oil change after sitting?

stlbob

yes it did..brand new 79 group and semi synthetic gastrol

Sorry to hear about your accident and I'm glad to hear you're better now. I don't have a recommendation for you but I'm sure others will chime in. Did the H2 also get a new battery and an oil change after sitting?

yes it did fresh 79 group and semi synthetic lof

5gn-h3t

I had a very similar situation with my ‘03 H2. It had sat prior to me purchasing it. P0300. I changed the everything. Plugs/wires/fuel filter/fuel regulator/fuel pump/swapped coil packs. I ended up having a bunch of stuck lifters. After seeing it first hand, it’s not too hard to diagnose. Pull the valve covers and look at the rocker arms where the push rods sit. Any valve with a sticky lifter will have a different wear pattern than the rest. I hope this isn’t your problem but it it’s far from the end of the world if it is. I ended up replacing all the lifters but I bet some penetrating oil and patience would have fixed it too.

stlbob

The snap on tool should give you live misfire counts. If the counts don’t move when you swap coils around, it’s probably a lifter problem.

I had thought of that..i have poured some SeaFoam and a little MM Oil as well..when i did the oil change..will see how she runs when i finish up the injectors..anyone done the injectors on the driver side..? Any tips..? lol i KNOW what i need to do but i just hate unplugging all that crap and moving it all..BUT ya gotta do what you gotta do..

5gn-h3t

I forgot about the injectors. You can move them around too and see if the misfire count moves with them. Everything is a PITA to get to. I removed my hood while I was troubleshooting everything. Then I could stand on a step stool and make life a little easier.

stlbob

I feel your pain I have had 3 neck surgery's and I am now fused from c3 to c7.. Good luck.

my entire neck is fuzed and i have enough hardware in the neck to make a terminator jealous ..live on pain killers.the doc keeps telling me if our state would come out of the 18th century he would prescribe me cannabis he said it is a lot easier on the body..

stlbob

Heeeelp

my entire neck is fuzed and i have enough hardware in the neck to make a terminator jealous ..live on pain killers.the doc keeps telling me if our state would come out of the 18th century he would prescribe me cannabis he said it is a lot easier on the body..

Okay as this thread shows my H21 sat for some time..NOW i replaced the injectors,coil paks,wires..the correct AC Delco plugs..and it RAN..good..smooth..so i changed the oil..coolant.brake fluid.THEN i changed the F'in fuel filter NOW it cranks aand cranks..turn off key hit it again and it fires right up..I FEEL im getting fuel drain pak,losing pressure on the rail..im going to check that today..any other IDEAS..now bear in mind i changed ONE thing after i had it running ..the FUEL FILTER

thanks