• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

PCM of NC fan kit?

rsm688

Has anyone used the PCM of NC electric fan kit yet? I was thinking about giving it a try on my Alpha to see if it helps with MPG and gives any performance gains. How does your vehicle temp run compared to the factory fan?

Thanks,
Spencer

Hopkins86

Has anyone used the PCM of NC electric fan kit yet? I was thinking about giving it a try on my Alpha to see if it helps with MPG and gives any performance gains. How does your vehicle temp run compared to the factory fan?

Thanks,
Spencer

I have one and I don’t recommend it find a different kit my rig would over heat with it in 70 degree weather just not made rite it’s basically flat sheet of metal on back only hole is where fan is at just stay away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigwilliedw01

I have one and I don’t recommend it find a different kit my rig would over heat with it in 70 degree weather just not made rite it’s basically flat sheet of metal on back only hole is where fan is at just stay away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have one on my I5 and have had no problems over the last 2 Texas summers (Dfw area). It runs an awful lot in the heat though, so you might be annoyed by that but the bump in performance makes up for it. I also use Redline Water wetter. I must have a later version cuz in addition to the fan, mine has about 5 rectangular holes around the plate with rubber flaps over them.

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

SolidusJ

Had it on my I-5, over heated one time and lost fuel MPG. I'm thinking the flat sheet metal the fan is mounted on became a barrier for the airflow which translated to resistance.

I was hoping to pick up 1-2 more MPG seeing how it freed up drag on the engine internals, didn't work out that way and I was pissed. The new one have flaps cut out in it witch allows better airflow on the highway.

Been wanting to get the new one but not willing to be a guinea pig.

Last edited: