• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Predator H1 Alpha restoration

JPaul

Don't even want to know how much this cost the guy, but they did a pretty darn nice job restoring and spiffying up this 2006 H1 Alpha:

[video=youtube;zmPb8oTzj_k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmPb8oTzj_k[/video]

Acer4LO

Predator did a really good job with this truck! The only thing I don't like is this beast is never gonna be used to the fullest. The people who buy/customize these high dollar trucks almost never use them for performance but to show it off and be able to say "Look at me!". Maybe this customer is an exception, but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't even know what a locking diff is. Same with Starwood Motors, Hennessey, Rubitrux type places. No hate if you don't have the time to spend thousands of hours on a build, but a least use what it was designed to do!

JPaul

Yeah, it will probably never see another dirt road for the rest of its life, but at least it was built up to be capable of doing so. So many other show trucks would snap apart if you tried to take them offroad.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Traxx

Some people just like having a show truck. If they have the coin for it then more power to them, at least he's driving an H1.

JPaul

Right? At least it doesn't have spinners or something on it. Aside from now being too pretty to take offroad, there isn't anything stopping it from being able to do so and rather well most likely.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Remember this Predator-modified H1 in Moab? To be fair, this was not fully prepped by Predator but had a lot of the bolt-ons.
Moab-Gold%20Bar%20101211-16-L.jpg

Acer4LO

Remember this Predator-modified H1 in Moab? To be fair, this was not fully prepped by Predator but had a lot of the bolt-ons.

Woah when did this happen? Anyway I am extremely skeptical of any shop that sells ready to go highly modified vehicles. Starwood Motors is an excellent example.

Here is one of there builds that you can buy right now: https://inventory.starwoodmotors.com/vehicles/224/2017-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-sport

Do you guys see anything wrong here?
#1 It is a sport so 2.73:1 transfer case
#2 D30 Front axle on 37s, axle isn't even trussed
#3 No lockers added

LagunaH1

I think we ended up determining that the Alpha in this situation had likely been used at a Hummer driving academy or something similar, and had a hard-to-see crack somewhere in the front suspension which cause it do do weird things when under stress.

Zach

Mall Crawler
Moab-Gold%20Bar%20101211-16-L.jpg

Don’t think that’s the one I remember. The one I remember blocked the street forever being loaded on a flatbed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro