• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.
  • The Swap Meet is not a regulated market, and buyers/sellers are not screened. Please do your homework before agreeing to anyone for any purchases or sales. If you have any questions about the user, please contact @Alrock via private message and I will attempt to provide any relevant information about the person, including location based on IP address. This is not a guarantee or promise of delivery but the addtional information may be helpful to you in your transaction. There are no guarantees here so use your judgement. Consider payment options like PayPal that have recourse (only when treated as a sale, and not as % between friends). Scammers will often use Zelle or ask for PayPal between friends because you cannot reclaim the money in the event of fraud or non-delivery. If a user has just joined and/or has few posts they should be viewed very cautiously.

WTB Wanted: Rancho Knuckles - H3 4" Lift RS6558

Alpha X

I'm still looking for a RH Knuckle (passenger side) from a Rancho lift kit. Please PM me if you have one.
Thanks!

Older:
I'm really looking for Rancho Knuckles from a Rancho Hummer H3 4 inch Lift Kit RS6558.
Knuckle part numbers are 176350 & 176351.

Keywords:
RS6558B 4in in Tuff Tough Country H3T

Last edited:

Alpha X

Piecing together a Rancho kit. I have all of the other brackets/crossmembers, etc. I don't have the knuckles or leaf springs.

SolidusJ

Piecing together a Rancho kit. I have all of the other brackets/crossmembers, etc. I don't have the knuckles or leaf springs.

I got everything needed for the spring over axle job. Never got around to installing it before I sold the last rig.

SolidusJ

Here's what the kit has.

SOA Parts.jpg

SolidusJ

Wait what did I miss this? Does someone sell this kit or did you have a shop make it for you / did it yourself?

I planed to on using the OEM springs with the 4" lift kit, just had to place them on top of the axle. The items in that photo is everything needed for the job, only hard part is finding the pinon angle needed.

Acer4LO

Ruff stuff...14-bolt simple swap leaf spring kit. Fits the H3 8.6 perfectly.
https://www.ruffstuffspecialties.co...Product_Code=14BSS&Category_Code=AxleSwapKits

Thanks! Just realized that pic was from Bebe's SOA thread. Where do you get the front leaf spring mounts? They don't come with the Ruffstuff kit or is that a separate item? Really love how small the leaf spring mounts are compared the OEM ones. Lol I remember Hunner sold quite a few skid plates to H4O guys to protect them from getting damaged! I want to do this eventually but I am gonna need new shocks first. The rancho 4in lift ones aren't that great. After I put on my front JKS sway bar link disconnects (and then took them off) it did not drop the front suspension any lower. I have a feeling it is being stopped by the shock since I jacked it up on the A arm and then lowered it and it looked like the shock stopped it from traveling lower. You guys have any general ideas for shocks? Bilsteins? From what I know bebe used Fox Coil over shocks with hoops F/R (2.0 10" travel front and 12" travel rear)

4speedfunk

Wanted: Rancho Knuckles - H3 4" Lift RS6558

You can get the front hangers from Ruffstuff as well. I’ve also seen a Colorado SOA where the guy simply drilled a new hole in the stock hangers, about 2” above the original hole. Then he trimmed the bottom. Frankly I think it is less labor to replace them entirely. The bolt on the drivers side is installed backwards at the factory, and sometimes requires you to drop the fuel tank.
Rancho shocks suck. You will need to select your shocks AFTER the SOA as it changes everything. You will need to re-do the rear bump-stops and brake lines accordingly, to work with the travel you plan for. You will need new sway bar links too.

Last edited:

Alpha X

This thread has gone in a different direction, but this is pretty good info. Thanks for the links. I was debating which way to go with the rear if I got the Rancho knuckles. Seems like the SOA is easy enough and the best option.

rsm688

Alpha X, I'm about to spring over my new H3 alpha and I will have a set of low mileage Rancho leaf springs for sale after

5gn-h3t

It would be a lot less expensive to have them built.

I have the capabilities to make a set of these but have no clue on the Rancho-specific dimensions. Anyone have a rancho knuckle I can borrow? I can make the whole thing out of welded plate. Cnc machined. Nothing but 110%. But after the hub flange, I don’t know where to go.

fanugy

Wanted: Rancho Knuckles - H3 4" Lift RS6558

I have the capabilities to make a set of these but have no clue on the Rancho-specific dimensions. Anyone have a rancho knuckle I can borrow? I can make the whole thing out of welded plate. Cnc machined. Nothing but 110%. But after the hub flange, I don’t know where to go.

Has anyone tried the 08 Cadillac CTS knuckle or the 08 Envoy knuckle? I think the Envoy could be a real close fit for fabricating a DIY lift. I would consider pursuing either option but would require some sourcing of additional supports to build one out similar to Rancho- obviously beefed up a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

fanugy

Has anyone tried the 08 Cadillac CTS knuckle or the 08 Envoy knuckle? I think the Envoy could be a real close fit for fabricating a DIY lift. I would consider pursuing either option but would require some sourcing of additional supports to build one out similar to Rancho- obviously beefed up a bit.

I just ordered a left of the CTS and the Envoy. I will be printing the install guide from Rancho and trying to use their method as a guide. Anyone who has a source for tie rods/ sway bars, please pipe in. Anyone’s advice for cross member or drop brackets are welcome.

Alpha X

I just ordered a left of the CTS and the Envoy. I will be printing the install guide from Rancho and trying to use their method as a guide. Anyone who has a source for tie rods/ sway bars, please pipe in. Anyone’s advice for cross member or drop brackets are welcome.

I'm curious to see what you come up with. I had not considered either of those. My initial thought are that the closest knuckle to an H3 is either a first gen Colorado or a Silverado of a similar year. Well Colorado isn't close. The H3 shares more with a Silverado, and the Silverado knuckle isn't far off because the hub area looks to be the same. Still, the tie rod and ball joint locations are slightly different. I'm not sure a knuckle from a Silverado lift kit would be close enough to just bolt on. I think there's potential for further investigation. With regards to modifying a knuckle (versus using a knuckle from a lift kit), starting with a factory H3 knuckle would be where I started from. Photo is a stock H3 knuckle and Rancho H3 knuckle

Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 2.34.15 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2018-01-15 at 4.30.58 PM.jpgRancho H3 Lift Kit.jpg

Last edited:

5gn-h3t

I’m fairly certain that the stock H3 knuckles are forged steel. Can anyone confirm? Would save a lot of time if a stock knuckle could be safely welded into a Franken-rancho.

Last edited:

fanugy

In case anyone is wondering:

Envoy
49734eb00e0d738857d7e285293dc9c2.jpg

CTS
15b8b3a3d3ffbbefc5d45ba5364ef450.jpg

fanugy

The H3 knuckle is about 12” tall. The Envoy is 22” tall. The CTS is 20-1/2” tall.

Anyone with the lift mind proving the actual height of the knuckle? I assume it’s real close to 16...

rsm688

I’ve got my Rancho knuckles off right now as I’m replacing every suspension component on my H3. If someone wants to cover shipping and return shipping and y’all can get them back to me in a week or so I can send them to 5gn_h3t or I can get detailed photos

Alpha X

I’ve got my Rancho knuckles off right now as I’m replacing every suspension component on my H3. If someone wants to cover shipping and return shipping and y’all can get them back to me in a week or so I can send them to 5gn_h3t or I can get detailed photos

I would like some detailed photos of your knuckles, maybe a few dimensions. I didn't think anybody had a set not installed. I'm possibly interested in scanning these and making a cad model. My original plan was scan a set of stock knuckles and make a lifted cad model. This would be better. I need to see what the availability of scanning is at my buddy's shop.

fanugy

I would like some detailed photos of your knuckles, maybe a few dimensions. I didn't think anybody had a set not installed. I'm possibly interested in scanning these and making a cad model. My original plan was scan a set of stock knuckles and make a lifted cad model. This would be better. I need to see what the availability of scanning is at my buddy's shop.

I am mostly interested in dimensions at this point- height, distance of offset up top when laid flat and height from center of spindle opening to bottom. My neighbor is a machinist and I may be able to get one of these to work at a 6” lift...