• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.
  • The Swap Meet is not a regulated market, and buyers/sellers are not screened. Please do your homework before agreeing to anyone for any purchases or sales. If you have any questions about the user, please contact @Alrock via private message and I will attempt to provide any relevant information about the person, including location based on IP address. This is not a guarantee or promise of delivery but the addtional information may be helpful to you in your transaction. There are no guarantees here so use your judgement. Consider payment options like PayPal that have recourse (only when treated as a sale, and not as % between friends). Scammers will often use Zelle or ask for PayPal between friends because you cannot reclaim the money in the event of fraud or non-delivery. If a user has just joined and/or has few posts they should be viewed very cautiously.

Gen 1 Thor Bumber

SolidusJ

If anyone is planing to upgrade from the Gen 1, let me know an I'll make and offer for what you got!
THORpartsFrontBumper003.jpg

Last edited:

SolidusJ

Are you looking for the bumper itself or just the light pods and grill for example?

I remember the light pods bolted up the radiator support or something like that, I'm just not into the new look with the Gen 2. I ripped off his idea with my first bumper but I'm planning to just with his style with the new T.

20140622_195238_zps538beb3f.jpg

JPaul

I've got a set of the new pods coming today, so I'll have my old ones available if that is what you are looking for, but not the bumper itself. I'll still be using that and swapping it over to my Alpha and adding the Gen 2 pods to it.

SolidusJ

I've got a set of the new pods coming today, so I'll have my old ones available if that is what you are looking for, but not the bumper itself. I'll still be using that and swapping it over to my Alpha and adding the Gen 2 pods to it.

That should work, the winch mount is still the same right?

JPaul

Yeah, the main portion of the bumper (the winch mount part) is the same between the 1st gen and 2nd gen, the only difference is the light pods and grille. My driver side pod needs to be hammered out, it got dented a little last winter when I hit that little car, but I can take care of that.

I'll take some pics later tonight and post them up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

JPaul

Finally found both pod housings and took some pics tonight. I have all the other parts as well, they're just buried in my side of the garage at the moment.

ALf3FYT.jpg

6pT7B3C.jpg

The dent isn't too bad really, I just haven't gotten around to hammering it out yet and then ended up getting the Gen 2 pods anyway.

SolidusJ

Finally found both pod housings and took some pics tonight. I have all the other parts as well, they're just buried in my side of the garage at the moment.

ALf3FYT.jpg

6pT7B3C.jpg

The dent isn't too bad really, I just haven't gotten around to hammering it out yet and then ended up getting the Gen 2 pods anyway.

Are they just held in place with self tapping screws?

Last edited:

JPaul

The pods bolt to the grille, which in turn bolts to the nose of the body. You have to drill four holes total in the body.

This post in my red H3's build thread shows how they go on: http://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/for...-H3-Base-build&p=183260&viewfull=1#post183260

If you look closely at the picture showing just the winch bumper mounted (3rd pic in that post) you can see the holes I drilled on the outer edge of the nose. I then sprayed it with undercoating to prevent rust and hide everything since red shows pretty well behind a black grille. I'll try to pull everything out tonight and take more pictures for you.

rsm688

I’ve got a perfect condition Gen 1 bumper I will sell you or trade for a Gen 2. Or if you buy a Gen 2 I’ll just swap pods with you