• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.
  • The Swap Meet is not a regulated market, and buyers/sellers are not screened. Please do your homework before agreeing to anyone for any purchases or sales. If you have any questions about the user, please contact @Alrock via private message and I will attempt to provide any relevant information about the person, including location based on IP address. This is not a guarantee or promise of delivery but the addtional information may be helpful to you in your transaction. There are no guarantees here so use your judgement. Consider payment options like PayPal that have recourse (only when treated as a sale, and not as % between friends). Scammers will often use Zelle or ask for PayPal between friends because you cannot reclaim the money in the event of fraud or non-delivery. If a user has just joined and/or has few posts they should be viewed very cautiously.

WTB Starr HID Bi-Xenon Projector Headlights w/Black Housing

svxr8dr

Looking for anyone individual or vendor that has the black housing model (Part Number: STARR-XP7002B). Currently I can only find the chrome version. Any help would be greatly appreciated
blackhousinglights.JPG

RamRod

Looking for anyone individual or vendor that has the black housing model (Part Number: STARR-XP7002B). Currently I can only find the chrome version. Any help would be greatly appreciated
View attachment 23222
I just got my black ones from headlight revolution... they said they were on back order when I placed my order but I had them in two weeks after paying

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

svxr8dr

They emailed me and told me no more black are coming. Wonder if I can plastidip them and re-seal them, though I'm told that would also void the warranty.

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
From what I understand from JK forum
JK headlights and ours are the same mounting
Guy fitted h 7” headlight into JK
Don know if u have H2or3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamRod

you cannot bolt up 7" round lights on the H3 without a tonne of work.

There is a forum member that is making a headlight bezel that makes the H3's compatible with the 7" round lights which when available will make it much easier if your not into custom work

svxr8dr

Headlight Revolution stepped up and offered to get them painted black before shipping to me for a competitive additional charge. Really great customer service!! It does appear that no more oem black will be forth coming from Starr.

RamRod

Oh Wow I must have gotten one of the last pairs then, since I received mine only a month ago, they were really great to deal with

svxr8dr

This is directly from Starr regarding if new black housing units will be forthcoming (recieved from Facebook Messenger this morning):

"We are getting asked this question a lot lately and the answer is no, unfortunately. Our dealers have bought the remaining inventory months ago, and as far as I know they are all sold out at this point. We've checked several times. The best bet would be to get a hold of a chrome set, and have it customized internally and paint it the color you want. At that point you could paint it black, gunmetal, or the same color as your truck!"

JPaul

So, they're getting a lot of requests for these, sold out their stock months ago, still have customers wanting to buy them, and they're not going to make more? :huh:

Traxx

I would imagine the minimum order commitment for them would exceed the requests as well as how long they want to tie funds up for products sitting on a shelf for who knows how long for a near decade old vehicle.

H3V8

So it sounds like just the black housings are discontinued and not the chrome ones?

I do prefer the chrome as it looks more OEM. I wasn't planning on getting them any time soon but if they are about to discontinue all STARR HIDs for the H3 then I might as well get some while I can.

SGT-Wright

good luck with the ballasts. I have gone through two of them already. First set was replaced under warranty though which was nice, but another one quit just a couple weeks after installing it. I did not return it because I let it sit in the garage for a year before putting my Starrs back in so it was too late. When the lights were working they were awesome and well built! The electronics are just the cheap Chinese ones though.

UPDATE: They sent out another set of ballasts and they work good on the bench. Just need to find time to re-install the headlights again. Headlight Revolution does have great customer support. Also, the previous post I had replaced ballasts, but the first set did not go bad but the bulb did and they had some strange connectors so they sent me the OEM style ballasts and bulbs for free. Not bad since they were two years old. The OEM style ballasts, one of them leaked moisture into it and fried. They sent out a complete set of two and did not even want the defective one sent back so now I have a spare. Yay!

Last edited:

svxr8dr

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately I have not had a chance to install them yet (work keeps getting in the way). Though today I am hopeful to get them done. I wonder if there are domestic made ballasts available? Not my area of expertise so I'm hoping that wasn't too a dumb question. :)

svxr8dr

Install update. looks like I was sent the wrong wiring adapter, so I have reached out to Headlight Revolution and hope to hear from them after the holiday.

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
good luck with the ballasts. I have gone through two of them already. First set was replaced under warranty though which was nice, but another one quit just a couple weeks after installing it. I did not return it because I let it sit in the garage for a year before putting my Starrs back in so it was too late. When the lights were working they were awesome and well built! The electronics are just the cheap Chinese ones though.

That is very strange, I have them on 3 different trucks for several years now and never had issue with ballast. Problems seems more with connections. Different problems with H2 and H3 ( I have posted fixes before). Regardless of that mine are lifetime warranty and they were willing to replace free of charge.

Traxx

Never had any issue with ballasts, both the old style and updated version worked fine for me.

DFW Spartan

Neither of the ballast in the kit I received worked out of the box. And one of the cable assemblies needed to be replaced as well. That said, Headlight Revolution stands behind the products they carry, and were quick to send replacement parts. Just kind of a pain in the ass to be half way into an installation, and find out you can't finish because of defective product. Haven't had problem with mine since.

svxr8dr

Well all my parts were correct (harnesses, adapters ballast bulbs) the only issue was me (bad headspace and timing). Finally got the time to make another install attempt and everything went smooth as silk. Communication and customer service by Headlight Revolution was above and beyond and I am most grateful.
lowresstarr.JPG

SEPUL

any more info on who is making the bezel
you cannot bolt up 7" round lights on the H3 without a tonne of work.

There is a forum member that is making a headlight bezel that makes the H3's compatible with the 7" round lights which when available will make it much easier if your not into custom work