• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Wiring power/heated seats in non power seat H3??

rsm688

Has anyone swapped power/heated seats into their H3? I have an 06 and got a set of leather seats and bolted them in. The wiring harness underneath are different, there is an extra plug on the driver's side that is not on my original cloth non power drivers seat and on the passenger side there are 2 plugs from vehicle and 2 on seat but one plug is different.

Does anyone know if there is a pigtail that can be used to adapt or will they have to be wired up separately? Also, does anyone have the wiring harness diagrams for the power seats or a link to a manual with wiring diagram so I can figure out what the different wires/plugs are for?

Also, one plug on each harness plugs in to the new seats fine, however I notice my airbag light is on. I'm guessing this may be due to the fact that only 1 of 2 of the passenger side harness is plugged in since the plugs are different.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Spencer

5gn-h3t

I’ve done it. I think all of the required wiring diagrams are in the H3 service manual that’s available online. The wiring pigtails are available from GM. I’ll see if I can dig up the part numbers.

RamRod

It's funny you should post about this, I am picking up new heated seats for my T tomorrow (bought them two weeks ago). So I will be doing the same very shortly!

Interesting that you have h3 rear seats in your h3t, do you think they are and easy swap or would that be all custom work?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

rsm688

Has anyone swapped power/heated seats into their H3? I have an 06 and got a set of leather seats and bolted them in. The wiring harness underneath are different, there is an extra plug on the driver's side that is not on my original cloth non power drivers seat and on the passenger side there are 2 plugs from vehicle and 2 on seat but one plug is different.

Does anyone know if there is a pigtail that can be used to adapt or will they have to be wired up separately? Also, does anyone have the wiring harness diagrams for the power seats or a link to a manual with wiring diagram so I can figure out what the different wires/plugs are for?

Also, one plug on each harness plugs in to the new seats fine, however I notice my airbag light is on. I'm guessing this may be due to the fact that only 1 of 2 of the passenger side harness is plugged in since the plugs are different.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Spencer

Thanks a ton!! If you could find part numbers that would be awesome, I've searched and haven't come across a part number for it yet. I'll pull up the factory service diagram and look it up.

How did you run wires to the passenger seat? Did you go under the floor and drill a hole to come up under seat or did you run the wires under the carpet somewhere?

Thanks,
Spencer

lsv_palana

I have an unusual expirience about swapping seats on my h3. i have disconnect both seats while cleaning carpet and drain tubes than remove water from roof window. when i connect passenger seat to car i have noticed that this seat not work.. so strange i think... when connect driver seat to place all work fine. so this means that driver seat control both seats and they will not work separately.. passenger seat works only with driver seat....

Отправлено с моего SM-N950F через Tapatalk

JPaul

That is how a lot of controls work on vehicles. For example, unplug the driver's window and lock switches, and none of the others will work since they are all fed through that one set of switches in the driver door (this way each window can be controlled from two points).

Pretty sure when I was looking at the schematics for the heated and power seat wiring a while ago I saw the same thing, everything feeds through the driver side first.