Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bald Tire
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=Hunner;220206]
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksky View Post
    This is what a flogged out bump stop looks like.
    Now that I have levelled the front end it handles like a bag of wet sh*t.

Apparently you have been hitting the speed bumps at the mall waay to fast!

Well, that too.
    Here in The Northern Territory we have some very long, very rough corrugated unsealed roads.
    To smooth out the ride on the corrugations (I think you guys call it washboard?) have to maintain speed above 80 kph, which means hitting the rough patches, washouts etc, a lot faster than desirable. My shock absorbers are probably stuffed too but they will have to wait. Only done 66,000 km in 10 years but don't know how long the bump stops have been like that. Noticed them when I wound up the T bars.

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by svxr8dr View Post
    I am sure that GM Part #15153958 will fit, in fact I'm running them now. I found out thru one of the Facebook H3 Forums. My OEM ones were rotted, which can be seen in the attached picture, and I should add that in the picture the oem bumpstop appears slightly taller because i manipulated it to expose where it had rotted thru, in actuality OEM is 1/2in shorter.

I have also ordered a pair from Amazon. Will take 4 weeks to get here and will give feedback when fitted.

Street Tire
    Thanks
    Now this is a guy that gets his moneys worth out of a part. With an extra couple of inches of nosedive when braking, that has got to be real fun to drive.

This is what a flogged out bump stop looks like.
    Now that I have levelled the front end it handles like a bag of wet sh*t.
    Attachment 23063
    09 H3T Alpha/Adv- |Rancho on 37's and 4.56 |Tuned |Gobi Stealth |Starr Hid |Thor Bumper |Arb Snorkel |Airdoc |UCP |American Roll Tonneau |Arb Compressor |Katzkins |Kenwood |Too many Led's

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxx View Post
    Now this is a guy that gets his moneys worth out of a part. With an extra couple of inches of nosedive when braking, that has got to be real fun to drive.
    Yeah, you learn to slow down before you get to the stop light. Hard cornering is where the fun really starts.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksky For This Useful Post:

RamRod (01-23-2018)

Super Swamper
    Thanks
    Oh man I remember those long roads full of corrogations... I was in '78 series II landrover 80 kph was not always an option!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
    2009 Hummer H3T Alpha
    4 Rancho Lift, 37x12.5x17 BFG A/Ts, Method "The Standard" rims, Magnuson Supercharger, Magnaflow exhaust, 40" LED light bar, 9'' round LED spot lights, SnugTop, Thor Parts bumper w/ swing out for full sized spare, Hidden 9,500 lb Superwinch, Custom Sliders, UCP w/ Thor Parts skids, Custom bed cage

www.ministryofadventure.ca

Super Swamper
    Thanks
    So I pick up a set of those 15153958 bump stops mentioned earlier.

They popped right in and are in fact 1/2" taller then stock.

One thing I noticed right away is that the rubber is softer (I believe the term is durometer) yet it has less of a "spring" design then our OEM units

I took it for a drive around the block and noticed that the truck seemed to feel more stable in the turns and it feels like there is less nose dive when braking.

I will update this once I get more miles done but so far I think this might be a worth while option for some.

Ps- I have a Rancho lift just for future reference

Pics:

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
    2009 Hummer H3T Alpha
    4 Rancho Lift, 37x12.5x17 BFG A/Ts, Method "The Standard" rims, Magnuson Supercharger, Magnaflow exhaust, 40" LED light bar, 9'' round LED spot lights, SnugTop, Thor Parts bumper w/ swing out for full sized spare, Hidden 9,500 lb Superwinch, Custom Sliders, UCP w/ Thor Parts skids, Custom bed cage

www.ministryofadventure.ca

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RamRod For This Useful Post:

Blacksky (01-27-2018)

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    These are the extended correct.. are you interested in selling them if you are not going to use them?

Thanks,
    Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by amrg View Post
    Yes it is, but does it fit?
    It states the dimensions as 2.7x2.7x2 while the H3s were different! Anyone have a set of oroginal H3 stops to confirm the size?

Ok I just found a set of 1/2" extended stops I didn't use and measured them,

The base is 2.44" in diameter and the height is 2.75", the middle part is 2" diameter

All Terrain
    Thanks
    I need a new set , do you still like them ?

Bogger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by classic87 View Post
    These are the extended correct.. are you interested in selling them if you are not going to use them?

Thanks,
    Anthony
    Id give em away for free but shipping is gona be too expensive from Qatar.
    I personally will be using the ones Ramrod just tested out...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    06 H3, Birch White, Lux , Cooper AT3 35s, Borla Performance Cat-back, Bilsteins front w/ 1/2" extended stops, Hunner sleeve, Air Doc w/ K&N filter, Oem Roof lights, 55W HID Headlights and 35W Fog lights.

09 H3 V8, LS376/480 Conversion, 3000 stall, Arctic Silver, 35s, XD Rockstar Wheels 17x8 Front 17x9 Rear, OEM Sliders, 40K External Trans Cooler, Bilstein 5160s front 5100 rear, O.D. Steering Bracket, Daystar 1" Body Lift, Borla Performance Cat-Back, custom intake pipe & K&N filter, Custom PCM tune, Pioneer DVD unit, Aurora 40" LED Light Bar, 50 W HID Headlights

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    Finally received the new bump stops and fitted them along with a new set of Old Man Emu shocks. Thanks to the suggestion of svxr8dr I got GM Part#15153958 and they pushed straight in with a bit of wriggling. The nose still dives, so I am thinking they are softer than the OEM stops or the Trailduty ones. They'll have to do for nowName:  New Front Bump Stop.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  463.3 KB

Also replaced the rear bump stops which had also rotted out. (one was missing completely)

Name:  Old Rear Bump Stop.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  499.2 KB

Name:  New Rear Bump Stop.jpg
Size:  505.3 KB

Thanks to all those that have contributed, and I will start a new thread on rotten bump stops.

Bogger
    Thanks
    Finally received the new bump stops and fitted them along with a new set of Old Man Emu shocks. Thanks to the suggestion of svxr8dr I got GM Part#15153958 and they pushed straight in with a bit of wriggling. The nose still dives, so I am thinking they are softer than the OEM stops or the Trailduty ones. They'll have to do for nowName:  New Front Bump Stop.jpg
Size:  463.3 KB

Also replaced the rear bump stops which had also rotted out. (one was missing completely)

Name:  Old Rear Bump Stop.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  499.2 KB

Name:  New Rear Bump Stop.jpg
Size:  505.3 KB

Thanks to all those that have contributed, and I will start a new thread on rotten bump stops.
    How leveled are you? Looking at your control arms there is still a gap between the arm and the bump stop and that causes part of the nose dive. Add that the GM stop is soft rubber.

06 H3, Birch White, Lux , Cooper AT3 35s, Borla Performance Cat-back, Bilsteins front w/ 1/2" extended stops, Hunner sleeve, Air Doc w/ K&N filter, Oem Roof lights, 55W HID Headlights and 35W Fog lights.

09 H3 V8, LS376/480 Conversion, 3000 stall, Arctic Silver, 35s, XD Rockstar Wheels 17x8 Front 17x9 Rear, OEM Sliders, 40K External Trans Cooler, Bilstein 5160s front 5100 rear, O.D. Steering Bracket, Daystar 1" Body Lift, Borla Performance Cat-Back, custom intake pipe & K&N filter, Custom PCM tune, Pioneer DVD unit, Aurora 40" LED Light Bar, 50 W HID Headlights

14. The Following User Says Thank You to amrg For This Useful Post:

RamRod (02-13-2018)

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by amrg View Post
    How leveled are you? Looking at your control arms there is still a gap between the arm and the bump stop and that causes part of the nose dive. Add that the GM stop is soft rubber.

It has been levelled. Measures 590mm from fender, fitted with factory flares, to wheel centre. May still try to locate some Trailduty stops.