• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Greetings from elevation 5,807’

B.N.Z.MTNS

Greetings from western Colorado, Montrose, elevation 5,807’ to be exact.

I have been tuned in for a while now, but figured I’d register and join the club. I own a 2006 H3 base, clean and unmolested...so far.

I have an experienced background in the 4x4/off-road world, but am new to the Hummer subculture. I grew up bouncing around in the back of a Cherokee Chief and my first truck was a, IFS full size Chevy. Most of my vehicles over the years have been GM with a YJ, 4Runner and 2nd Gen Montero sprinkled in as well. I have done all my own work on all my vehicles with the most extensive being a K5 Blazer swapped to 1 tons, 38’s, hydro steering, etc.

As the years have gone on, my wife and kids do not seem to enjoy the rough and loud extreme off-road experience so my tastes have been dialed back to pursue a more family friendly vehicle that is still capable off the tarmac. After a few attempts at the more mainstream selections (Jeep/Toyota) I just got tired of trendy and opinionated crowd that came with those makes.
So, in comes my search for an affordable and familiar GM product. I was looking for the likes of a late 90’s Tahoe or Yukon, but stumbled across this H3. After doing a little research and weighing the pros and cons of the potential problems with the I5 and various other common issues, I decided that nothing was so major that It couldn’t be repaired or modified if needed. After finding this forum and seeing that there is enough product support along with friendly advice for newbs, I pulled the trigger and grabbed our H3. It’s got 150,000 miles on the ticker, but it was mechanic owned before me and he had decent service documentation, so I’ll run synthetics and short service intervals to get as much life out of it as possible.

I’ve put a couple thousand miles on it so far including a trip to Texas to see some family. I have to track down an oil leak and today I heard the familiar sound of a driver side CV growling, other than that it has been problem free. The last 6 on my VIN are prior to 2xxxxx so I am assuming the head has been done already, but no way to know for sure.

I got it with stock size MTR’s that still have about 60% left on them, so I plan on having a few bucks saved up to make the necessary mods and afford 305’s when the current tread has finished serving it’s purpose.

Anyway, thanks for the add and the valuable information so far.
I haven’t taken any wonderful pictures yet, but the picture here is in my driveway, a bit dirty.

BTW, my user name is a handle that I have had on other model specific forums over the years and matches my personalized plates, so you will know who it is if you ever see me on the trail.
It stands for (Be iN Z MounTaiNS), because that’s where I like to be.

B95923E4-336B-4B0B-AC0F-525285288CA7.jpg

B.N.Z.MTNS

Thanks Schwarttzy,
while considering my purchase a couple months ago, your website and referral to this forum was partly what convinced me that there is enough following and support for the H3. You’ll be seeing some of my money as time and budget allows.

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
Thanks Schwarttzy,
while considering my purchase a couple months ago, your website and referral to this forum was partly what convinced me that there is enough following and support for the H3. You’ll be seeing some of my money as time and budget allows.

That's man!