• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Cb installation services

sonicstage

Hello all
I just got a cb and all of the components to get me up and running from santa this year for xmas my only problem is I don’t have any knowledge when it comes to the installation process I was wondering on this family of hummer owners if anyone knew how to install it for me, I would pay of course and I don’t want to take it to my local off road shop here in Burbank, ca, they want to charge me 850 bucks to install, that sounds a bit expensive does anyone live in the so cal area that can install this cb for me? Like I mentioned before I live in Burbank ca. Or if anyone knows of someone who can do this that would be great as well I know it’s a lot to ask but it’s worth a shot
Thanks and happy new year

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reaper

Hey Rob

While I can't install it for you... I think I can talk you through it, along with other much more competent members. :) It's not THAT hard-- you just need to wire up power to it and mount it. And... you need an antenna, that's the big thing. You can mount it on a roof rack if you have one, or on your bumper. Figure that out first! :) I bought my antenna, antenna mounting hardware, and cables from a truck stop.

But... if it's too intimidating, you may have better luck getting it installed at a car audio store or a truck store, rather than an off road shop.

Also, pics of what you got, or product links, could get you some advice on how to install it.

sonicstage

Hey Rob

While I can't install it for you... I think I can talk you through it, along with other much more competent members. :) It's not THAT hard-- you just need to wire up power to it and mount it. And... you need an antenna, that's the big thing. You can mount it on a roof rack if you have one, or on your bumper. Figure that out first! :) I bought my antenna, antenna mounting hardware, and cables from a truck stop.

But... if it's too intimidating, you may have better luck getting it installed at a car audio store or a truck store, rather than an off road shop.

Also, pics of what you got, or product links, could get you some advice on how to install it.

Thank you so much for this information I will post pics tonight when I’m off work. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate the help reaper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk