• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

2018 Black Sheep Week Moab - April 1 - 7

SickStringC

The Texas jeep boys will be running pritchett canyon on tuesday. We'll also be heading out to the maze district in canyonlands for an overnight on thursday/friday. Yall are welcome to come along on both runs.

Apologies for not dropping in sooner. Life has been throwing me a lot of curve balls recently. Like BattleRattle said, we're planning to run Pritchett tuesday and will be taking a few days out in the Maze District of Canyonlands NP to get in some remote overlanding while there. If anyone is interested in the Maze District, let us know ASAP; permits are required for camping so we'll need to coordinate permits. We'd be happy to have anyone join for Pritchett as well. I'm sure we'll end up doing Moab Rim at some point as we always do - it's a short, but sweet trail.

We're 5 rigs confirmed (Excluding Alrock and 3Hummers, already confirmed and listed on the main post):

H40 Members / BSHS vets:

• [*=1]SickStringC (Chris) - JKU Rubicon (fully locked)
    [*=1]Battle Rattle (Hunter and Rachel; 3x FC Moab vets w/ BSHS, FC Admin) - LJ (fully locked)
    [*=1]ROM4D (David and Shae Imwalle; 1x Moab Vet solo, FC Admin) - 5th Gen 4Runner TRD (locked in rear)

Non-H40 member / BSHS vets:

• [*=1]Kent Smith (2x FC Moab Vet w/ BSHS) - JKU (fully locked)

Moab / BSHS NOOB:

• [*=1]JonPaul Martin (Moab Noob, FC Vet)- LJ Rubicon (fully locked)

Looking forward to seeing old faces in the trail and by the campfire and meeting new ones as well!

RamRod

Apologies for not dropping in sooner. Life has been throwing me a lot of curve balls recently. Like BattleRattle said, we're planning to run Pritchett tuesday and will be taking a few days out in the Maze District of Canyonlands NP to get in some remote overlanding while there. If anyone is interested in the Maze District, let us know ASAP; permits are required for camping so we'll need to coordinate permits. We'd be happy to have anyone join for Pritchett as well. I'm sure we'll end up doing Moab Rim at some point as we always do - it's a short, but sweet trail.

We're 5 rigs confirmed (Excluding Alrock and 3Hummers, already confirmed and listed on the main post):

H40 Members / BSHS vets:

• [*=1]SickStringC (Chris) - JKU Rubicon (fully locked)
    [*=1]Battle Rattle (Hunter and Rachel; 3x FC Moab vets w/ BSHS, FC Admin) - LJ (fully locked)
    [*=1]ROM4D (David and Shae Imwalle; 1x Moab Vet solo, FC Admin) - 5th Gen 4Runner TRD (locked in rear)

Non-H40 member / BSHS vets:

• [*=1]Kent Smith (2x FC Moab Vet w/ BSHS) - JKU (fully locked)

Moab / BSHS NOOB:

• [*=1]JonPaul Martin (Moab Noob, FC Vet)- LJ Rubicon (fully locked)

Looking forward to seeing old faces in the trail and by the campfire and meeting new ones as well!

What days do you expect to be doing the Canyonlands part of the trip? I am interested in seeing as much of the area as I can when I am down there.

thanks!

SickStringC

What days do you expect to be doing the Canyonlands part of the trip? I am interested in seeing as much of the area as I can when I am down there.

thanks!

We’ve reserved permits to camp Wednesday - Friday nights at different sights. Plan is to head out after trails in Moab Wednesday and camp in the maze, do trails and hiking Thursday and Friday, then leave the park Saturday morning. We’re full on one permit (3 rigs per).

https://www.nps.gov/cany/planyourvisit/maze.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SickStringC

thanks!

We have two permits for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights. Each permit is good for 3 rigs to a single camp site. We currently have 4 rigs total, leaving room for possibly 2 more rigs to join. First come, first serve. :cheers:

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Starting pre-trip prep. Truck cleaned up. Batteries charged for impact wrenches. CB set up. Tablet maps updated. Shirts are in, bagged for distribution. New H4O sticker in place to replace worn out one.

rascole

First weekend off since Christmas, spent all day changing fluids, engine, diffs, TC, PS & brakes. Next weekend is bolt check and reinstall skids.
Shooting? As in guns? Didn't recall that trip last year. May bring some toys.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
First weekend off since Christmas, spent all day changing fluids, engine, diffs, TC, PS & brakes. Next weekend is bolt check and reinstall skids.
Shooting? As in guns? Didn't recall that trip last year. May bring some toys.
The toys seems to be about every other year event

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Woodtick

Put the rock sliders on today. Are JPaul and I the only ones bringing kids???. We have been chatting back and forth, and look to do a Easter Egg hunt Sun am for the kids. Let us know if there are more kids, so we can plan accordingly. I can hide a few cans of beer to get the adults involved?:huh:

JPaul

My major pre-trip prep is done, finally. Fixed the electric trailer brake wire (rubbed halfway through!) and then got the transmission cooler installed. Only took me until 3AM.

That takes care of the last of the "I have to get this done" list, now the next thing up is to try and get my CB installed, but that's probably just going to be more double sided tape to mount it to the dash and powering it through the 12v aux power port in the dash and running the cable through whatever hole I can find to the roof rack. Once I get the roof rack on of course. I'm going to tear it all back out later when I go to do all my electrical all proper like.

The only other major thing I might do is swapping the outboard diff brackets between the two H3's so that the Alpha can have the full OD bushing set on it. We'll see how I'm feeling next weekend.

RamRod

Bad news all... I am 700 miles into a 1400 mile road trip and my front diff has bit the dust, does not look like the truck will be back in fighting shape in time for Moab [emoji17]

Now back to trying to figure out how to get home with this messed up front diff

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Ouch, sorry to hear! Do you have 4.10s or 4.56s? I assume it's messed up enough that you couldn't drive down in 2WD with the propshaft removed and install Rascole's diff. Plus you're a week early to get that part. I'm guessing you're in southern Idaho at this point. Don't know if Bebe/Speedy could help you in Reno area or not. Or maybe JPaul in Salt Lake City.

JPaul

If he wants to switch to 4.56's and an aluminum diff (or use my gears to get the CI rebuilt) I could help him out, we could just swap axles from the red base H3.

JPaul

Bad news all... I am 700 miles into a 1400 mile road trip and my front diff has bit the dust, does not look like the truck will be back in fighting shape in time for Moab [emoji17]

Now back to trying to figure out how to get home with this messed up front diff

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Sent you a PM.