• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

SAS H3 For sale!!

Traxx

Price is about right. Once you chop off the original suspension you've just narrowed your resale market down to a very small group of people. Still needs some work and some new tires. I'd probably offer him 10k and expect to sink a few more into fixing or correcting things, like silly grab handles mounted on the hood. :giggle:

Acer4LO

Price is about right. Once you chop off the original suspension you've just narrowed your resale market down to a very small group of people. Still needs some work and some new tires. I'd probably offer him 10k and expect to sink a few more into fixing or correcting things, like silly grab handles mounted on the hood. :giggle:

I get you there. I just would figure this guy would try to recoup some money he spent on the SAS by seeing if anyone would bite at a higher price. Still don't get why the ad is so vague. Dosen't list anything to specific about the swap and doesn't show pictures!!

Acer4LO

FYI, that guy is on here at 07 custom, here are couple of his threads

If i recall, that build wasnt without its problems, also it has a leaf sprung front axle.

Oh yes I remember this rig! Didn't recognize it at first. The guy who owns the truck hasn't been on H4O in over a year. I get why he priced it the way he did. Didn't this guy have problems with this thing since he got it?

Last edited:

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Oh yes I remember this rig! Didn't recognize it at first. The guy who owns the truck hasn't been on H4O in over a year. I get why he priced it the way he did. Didn't this guy have problems with this thing since he got it?

Wouldn't be a bad starting point to swap in a 3 link and coils, factory suspension is already chopped off, IIRC he has some steering issues, but for the right price its like a done/halfway done SAS, and it already has a SOA in the rear
Or you could keep the leafs up front and just fix what's wrong with it lol.

4speedfunk

That’s the white Rhino. It belongs to a guy in Albuquerque. I know the truck well, and he has been flirting with selling it for a long time. It’s an Adv Pak truck with a Dana44 front axle. It’s a leaf-sprung backyard build...done before he bought it. He has spent the last couple years trying to re-do and fix many issues with the original build. Cool truck but it has some structural (frame) problems. He bought some THORparts ABS hubs a couple years ago to get the brakes working properly. It has a Toyota steering box and a janky heim jointed crossover system. It would be easier to start with a virgin, rather than trying to convert this one to a 3-link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk