• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Trail duty review

chaos254

Hopefully I can help someone here before they make the mistake of ordering from these people. I ordered bump stops Oct 24, the website showed they would be back in stock Oct 31. I was fine with this since I wasn't in a rush to get them. They removed the message on their website showing a back order, I expected to see them within a week or so. Nothing, sent them an email asking about when they were expecting to ship. No response from them, called and left a voicemail, again no response. Sent another email last week and still no response. I've called them multiple times but it always goes to voicemail. Left them another voicemail yesterday about how I was going to be disputing the charge with my bank since they already took my money. I know my order wasn't a lot of money but I just can't believe a company is ok with taking someone's money and not even bother responding to them.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Gunner_45

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have not bought from Phil in several years, but he used to be one of the more reliable vendors out there.

Always treated me right.

Wonder what happened.

Originally, those extended bump stops were made by one of our Aussie members (Nugget) and supplied to TD for resale.

It is my understanding that they got sourced elsewhere stateside, so Nugget ceased manufacturing them some years ago.

Could be a supply chain issue but that still doe snot explain the customer service issue.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Like Gunner said, Trail Duty was a great resource several years ago. Sorry to hear about your issues and I hope you get a quick resolution.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Anyone have 1 extra TD extended bumpstop to sell? Let me know if you do.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
No, the 2 on the H3T are toast and somehow over the years, I ended up with 1 spare.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Maybe it's time to ask Reloader to install my Rancho lift and go back to the stock bumpstops. [emoji16][emoji106][emoji109]

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Maybe it's time to ask Reloader to install my Rancho lift and go back to the stock bumpstops. [emoji16][emoji106][emoji109]

60096720.jpg

svxr8dr

Went to check on my Gobi roof rack from March on Trail Duty's website. The Website is suspended and a quick google search shows the owner has passed away. Im currently disputing the charges with my Credit Card company so I can re-order direct from Gobi.

the_real_hacksaw

Went to check on my Gobi roof rack from March on Trail Duty's website. The Website is suspended and a quick google search shows the owner has passed away. Im currently disputing the charges with my Credit Card company so I can re-order direct from Gobi.

Well that would definitely explain the drop in customer service. Definitely one of the pitfalls of online shopping, a “store” could be nothing more than a guy in his garage that has no help or backup. Supporting the little guy is great but can bite you in the ass when something goes wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

svxr8dr

Well that would definitely explain the drop in customer service. Definitely one of the pitfalls of online shopping, a “store” could be nothing more than a guy in his garage that has no help or backup. Supporting the little guy is great but can bite you in the ass when something goes wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. My condolences to friends and family of the deceased.

Zach

Mall Crawler
Sad to hear, did a lot of business with Trail Duty back in the day. Believe it was Phil who owned it. Always stand up, when issues arose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

svxr8dr

I got payment into Gobi over the phone yesterday, and they credited my 8 week wait which puts me on schedule for delivery in another 8 weeks.

Acer4LO

I got payment into Gobi over the phone yesterday, and they credited my 8 week wait which puts me on schedule for delivery in another 8 weeks.

Really sad to see trail duty go out of buiness. They seemed like the best place to get a gobi rack from. I did order a set of bumper stops back in 2016 and I had no problem. Product arrived just as expected.