• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

The LS3 Swapped 2009 H3T is for sale on Ebay!

amrg

Too bad but its such a nice truck. The mileage is worse than advertised though

As for power, its probably super ridiculous given the h3t is lighter than the h3! But 37s will slow it down enough to make it run great!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Traxx

Wow 36k for a 4 owner, higher mileage, base truck/no offroad package or sunroof with an engine swap. Bidding ended at just over 15k, way under what a base truck would sell for that should tell you something about your perceived value.

amrg

Not alot of people pay the value of your mods. This truck has 15-20K in parts alone over an Alpha (engine, trans, torque converter, exhaust, loft, wheels, tires). Add labour and custom tuning and your talking another 5K to bump it to 25K in mods!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

JPaul

Generally the only people that can get a lot of money for their modded vehicles are those that used shops that specialize in that kind of stuff, and are well known/respected/high demand. Even then, after a bit their value drops off and needs the right buyer, unless it's something totally wicked. For everyone else, you have zero guarantee they did anything right and that it's not going to burn to the ground ten miles down the road. I've seen stuff that came from "professionals" that looked like they paid a 5 year old to do it. Nevermind the hack jobs most "shade tree mechanics" really are.

Even though I know I do good work, anything I do is as-is. You want a warranty? Go to a shop. Because of that I don't expect anyone to pay much if anything extra for any of my customizations to my vehicles.

If anything, the more heavily modified a vehicle is, the more of a liability it becomes which in turn lowers it's tangible value. You could easily end up spend thousands more on a vehicle fixing shoddy or ill-advised modifications from previous owners. I'm not going to spend $36K on something that may end up costing me another $5K-$10K to fix because the swap wasn't done right or it was abused or something dumb like that.

JPaul

This guys build is on here I believe, I'll see if I can find it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Guy never did a build thread here, it was a video someone else linked and he did come on and answered a few questions, but that was it.

http://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/forum/showthread.php?9816-LS3-Swapped-H3T&highlight=incredibull

Supposedly only 25,000 miles on the swap which isn't a lot, but probably past any warranty from the shop he had do it (which it's odd he doesn't mention any warranty still on anything, if I was selling I'd be sure to mention any remaining warranty on any work or parts, like the engine).

Plus, $60K into that truck? Does that include the original purchase price of the H3T? The engine was supposedly around $8K-$10K, simple swap with a reprogram since it was already a 5.3 wouldn't cost a whole lot, maybe another $10K at worst? Transmission work is maybe another $10K tops including parts and labor. The rest of it doesn't add any real value to the truck over bone stock, even the Rancho since you can't even get wear parts for it anymore from what I hear.

I could see maybe $30K tops for this rig, it's nothing more than a base H3T with a little bit bigger V8 in it. Kudos to him if he sells it for asking price, though maybe next time he shouldn't sink $60K into something he's not going to keep for more than a couple years.

*EDIT:

Turns out the engine total was about $10K, this is from that thread:

Engine delivered $6500
Engine installed $2500
Torque converter $ 500
Exhaust work $2000
Old engine credit <$1200>
Total $10300

RamRod

the guy I bought my truck from had $80k into the truck (I saw the dealership invoices $25K for just the supercharger & lift!).... don't think for a second that he got his money back when I bought it