• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Phoenix Visit 02/10/18 Dinner???

Silverton34

Hello friends! Julie and I will be visiting the great state of Arizona for a week in early February as part of our first southern winter trip since my retirement. Yup, I pulled the trigger. Who wants to meet for dinner/drinks on Saturday evening, 02/10/18? Alrock chose the spot last spring when we visited, it was great fun, maybe he will do it again. We look forward to seeing everyone!

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Hello friends! Julie and I will be visiting the great state of Arizona for a week in early February as part of our first southern winter trip since my retirement. Yup, I pulled the trigger. Who wants to meet for dinner/drinks on Saturday evening, 02/10/18? Alrock chose the spot last spring when we visited, it was great fun, maybe he will do it again. We look forward to seeing everyone!
Brian,
Michele and I will try to be there to see and spend some time with Julie and you.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
If I'm in town, I'm in! I won't be able to confirm until January.

And congratulations on your retirement!!! Will you be out in Surprise again during this visit?

Silverton34

We are only about a month out. Alex, could you choose a restaurant? Thanks!

The Midwest has been enjoying below zero temps for the last ten days, I can't wait to get out of here!

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Booked at Southern Rail, Sat Feb 10 at 5:30 for 10 people. Address: 300 W Camelback Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85013. Of course none of the guests is emailing me back to confirm that they'll be there . . .

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Booked at Southern Rail, Sat Feb 10 at 5:30 for 10 people. Address: 300 W Camelback Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85013. Of course none of the guests is emailing me back to confirm that they'll be there . . .
We will make very effort to be there but still to early to confirm. That's like a month away...or a millennium in coyote years!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Silverton34

We are in Galveston Texas right now, looking forward to seeing everyone soon.

At this point we plan to spend Monday driving around south eastern Arizona up to the Show Low area. What is there to see in that area, any recommendations?

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Show Low - I've mostly camped in that area, can't really help you on sightseeing. South of Tucson I'd recommend Kartchner Caverns and the Pima Air and Space Museum. Bisbee is a good mining town and I believe the tours are good. Tombstone is better known as a tourist trap. North of Show Low, off of I-40, is the Petrified National Forest and that's pretty cool.

Going up 191 on the eastern side of AZ is a nice drive. I think Bigunit knows a bit more about the Pinetop and Show Low areas.

Silverton34

Going to stay in Duncan Arizona at the Simpson hotel bed and breakfast Sunday night and drive up 191 on Monday. I'm not a big bed and breakfast fan but was convinced this is what I want to do.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Going to stay in Duncan Arizona at the Simpson hotel bed and breakfast Sunday night and drive up 191 on Monday. I'm not a big bed and breakfast fan but was convinced this is what I want to do.
You've got a very convincing convincer by your side.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Jeri, Steve, Jason and his parents, me - plus the two of you makes eight. Have not been able to confirm Bigunit and Mrs. Bigunit. JR3T has been really busy, didn't confirm for dinner or Moab.