• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.
  • The Swap Meet is not a regulated market, and buyers/sellers are not screened. Please do your homework before agreeing to anyone for any purchases or sales. If you have any questions about the user, please contact @Alrock via private message and I will attempt to provide any relevant information about the person, including location based on IP address. This is not a guarantee or promise of delivery but the addtional information may be helpful to you in your transaction. There are no guarantees here so use your judgement. Consider payment options like PayPal that have recourse (only when treated as a sale, and not as % between friends). Scammers will often use Zelle or ask for PayPal between friends because you cannot reclaim the money in the event of fraud or non-delivery. If a user has just joined and/or has few posts they should be viewed very cautiously.

WTB WTB: H3/H3T winch mount

2010H3TAlpha

I'm looking for a simple winch mount, preferably the Steelcraft 50280WM, but I am open to other ideas. Preferably inexpensive, so probably no Predator or ARB. Thanks!

H3V8

I know it's not from another H4O member but I bought mine from CarID for $276 shipped because they price matched a competitor who offered free shipping.

CarID charges $135 shipping for freight to me, but call them and tell them that Jegs offers it for $264.74 + $99 shipping and see if they will price match it. Worst case scenario if no one is selling their winch mount, you can get it from CarID for roughly $365. Just make sure you specify the one with the winch mount.

Alternatively, you can always browse your local craigslist for an H3 that has that Steelcraft Brush Guard. I've seen it pop up on some H3's for sale in houston several times. You might be able to talk the owner into letting you take their brush guard for a few hundred bucks. They're pretty easy to remove.

Hopefully someone here has one though.

Last edited:

RamRod

A forum member sells a hidden winch kit for around $400 iirc

Check out Swarttzy's site

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2010H3TAlpha

Thanks guys! So I spoke with CarID and they wouldn't budge on their price. Maybe I'll call back and hope to get a different rep who is better at price matching.

I was under the impression that the Schwarttzy mount was limited to an 8k winch, I think due to size?

The Thor bumper is above my budget, and I seem to remember it is not aware of the factory airbag sensors. I'm also trying to keep weight down on the front end.

Last edited:

rascole

Thanks guys! So I spoke with CarID and they wouldn't budge on their price. Maybe I'll call back and hope to get a different rep who is better at price matching.

I was under the impression that the Schwarttzy mount was limited to an 8k winch, I think due to size?

The Thor bumper is above my budget, and I seem to remember it is not aware of the factory airbag sensors. I'm also trying to keep weight down on the front end.

I have the Schwarttzy hidden winch mount with a Smittybilt 12k winch. The Smittybilt 8k use the same housing and use different gearing to achieve the winch rating.
Here is the link to my install thread. LINK.