• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 Different SVC 4WD Problem

KH321

Probationary Member
I just bought my 2009 H3 about a week ago and immediately noticed a whole slew of problems after I left the dealership, of course.

The one that really strikes me as an immediate fix is that it won't shift into 4 high locked or 4 low locked. I followed the owner's manual and things of that nature and then I got curious and turned the engine off. I turned the key to on without starting it and pressed the mode buttons. It said it was shifting from 4 high unlocked to locked fine. I put it into 4 high locked and heard the it shift and started it in nuetral and shifted to drive and pulled forward. I immediately noticed a noise that sounded like a tooth hitting a tin can while turning. Stopped and pressed the 4 high unlocked button and it wouldn't shift back until I turned the engine off and played the game again. It seems to run fine in 4 high unlocked. I've only driven it to the store and back a couple times, though.

Advice?

Additionally, I did read a few of the other threads that reference SVC 4WD and didn't see anything mentioning it trying to shift with the engine off and stating it successfully did.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KH321

Probationary Member