• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Return of the Hummer? GM is Going All Electric

What's Your Stance on an All-Electric Hummer?

• I want one and think GM will make them

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • I want one and think GM won't make them

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • I wouldn't be interested and think GM will make them

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I wouldn't be interested and think GM won't make them

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Hell no, Hummers shouldn't ever have to change for the tree hugging commies

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Forget the Hummer brand at this point, lets just move to Jeeps

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
There is an app for that! They will probably make an option to have the sound, lol

At one time there was an H3 converted by some company that claimed it was the future.

Yes, and GM turned them away due to their limited production numbers and the fact they wanted GM to make some expensive modifications to the engine compartment and GM said NOPE. Due to limited volume it would have cost way too much and that was right around the time GM was sitting on zero dollars and headed into the courts to declare bankruptcy.
They had on in Moab for a car show one year.
Some great idea, but again, wrong time, wrong vehicle.

MilamJR

Video is only what he thinks, what he likes, what his opinions are. GM will really listen to them....NOT! But good for a life during a blizzard.

f999009c0bcea464c6ab085a159e1652.jpg
f999009c0bcea464c6ab085a159e1652.jpg

Looks like the Hummer brand is making a return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MilamJR

The article says GM has hired Labron James to do a commercial for the Super Bowl next month. It will be an all electric truck sold at GMC dealerships and marketed to off-road enthusiasts.

08H3

Well, I guess the devil is wearing ice skates and pigs are racking up frequent flier miles. I never thought it would happen.

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
IMO unless they make the body and suspension the way the made our (current) models, itll be eh. The hope would be they just pick up where they left off except electric. Thay way suspension, body, and other accessories could be used for our model rigs. Since its probably gonna be entirely new, I dont see it being that value added to us, the hummer cult following

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MilamJR

IMO unless they make the body and suspension the way the made our (current) models, itll be eh. The hope would be they just pick up where they left off except electric. Thay way suspension, body, and other accessories could be used for our model rigs. Since its probably gonna be entirely new, I dont see it being that value added to us, the hummer cult following

I think just like a 2003 and a 2022 Chevy truck they aren’t going to be the same. Built to accomplish the same job more efficiently and with similar styling cues but that is about it.

JPaul

Think of how long you can winch off a battery that big though. Not going to go anywhere else afterwards, but still.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
I think just like a 2003 and a 2022 Chevy truck they aren’t going to be the same. Built to accomplish the same job more efficiently and with similar styling cues but that is about it.

Yea and that's kinda what I'm trying to get at. While it's cool and whatnot that hummer will be back and in the spot light again, I dont think it means much for helping us out and the used hummer market out with part etc....because the new one is so differnt.

I am excited to see what it will look like but that's about it for me.

4speedfunk

Here we go again. GM is launching another half-baked attempt at re-badging a turd because they cannot come up with something fresh. That horse (Hummer) is completely decomposed...so quit beating it!

As if Shakira and J-Lo weren’t enough reason to switch off the halftime show...rumor has it the new (but not really) Hummer will be unveiled at the Superbowl.

One word: RIVIAN

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will never have a vehicle with a 200-250 mile range, gas or electric. Even my F-350 crew cab diesel 4x4 dually has a range of over 700 miles. I have a hard time seeing an electric 4x4 with the weight of the batteries. I guess it would be hard to roll and electric hummer with all of the weight so low. Water crossings could be exciting. I guess if I needed something to tool around town in it might work. The acceleration is impressive for some of the models but electric isn't where it needs to be to get me interested. As to an all electric Hummer....they killed the brand, they abused the brand and the previous Owners with how they killed the brand. Whatever they bring back won't be a Hummer, it will be something else. ( Ford badging an SUV as a Mustang doesn't make it a Mustang to 99% of the car buying public, it is a crass money grubbing move to try to cash in on the Mustang name ) GM tried to do the same in a limited fashion when they were marketing the Tahoe/Suburban as having "spirit of Hummer".

EndeavoredH3

I have seen some pictures/artists drawings that look pretty good. That picture is definitely not one of them

I think I remember these were offered in Europe as a 3rd part kit car deal. Ive also enjoyed the prediction drawings. We’ll see if they ruin it or actually do something with it.

Korby7

I hope they come with something a little more HUMMER than that. That looks like a Hummer X did it with a Smart car.

deserth3

Was reading they are supposed to release the new Hummer during the Superbowl.

Sent from my motorola one zoom using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Zach

Mall Crawler
Hell YEAH!!! But, better bring a very long extension cord for those days on the trail that seem to never end with breakage and issues [emoji15]

amrg

Well hope they make a proper offroad vehicle that mimics the Rivian!
4 electric motors, waterproof with huge water fording depth and big tires/clearance!