Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.

View Poll Results: What's Your Stance on an All-Electric Hummer?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • I want one and think GM will make them

1 6.25%
  • I want one and think GM won't make them

6 37.50%
  • I wouldn't be interested and think GM will make them

0 0%
  • I wouldn't be interested and think GM won't make them

6 37.50%
  • Hell no, Hummers shouldn't ever have to change for the tree hugging commies

3 18.75%
  • Forget the Hummer brand at this point, lets just move to Jeeps

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All Terrain
    Thanks
    Better than sucking air into the intake I'd imagine. Cars get flooded all the time, it's not good for any car but EV battery banks are well protected from punctures and water and whatever else. Less moving parts, fewer sensors etc. I'd guess EVs probably deal with flooding better than ICE cars.
    '06 H2

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    While I would miss the sound of the v8, I would certainly be interested in an electric hummer if it had similar or better offroad performance. My biggest gripe with electrics is the range and recharging. It would be nice to be able to charge the car overnight while I sleep and have a full tank the next morning, but what about when I want to do something other than commuting? 200-300 mile range would be acceptable if there were charging stations all over and it only took a minute or two to recharge.

What about battery-version jerry cans that I can use if I happen to need a bit more electricity to make it back to town?

Looks like the trend by manufacturers is moving towards cross-overs, so I would be surprised if we saw any new hummers ever.
    2010 Hummer H3 Alpha Adventure

All Terrain
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by H3V8 View Post
    While I would miss the sound of the v8, I would certainly be interested in an electric hummer if it had similar or better offroad performance. My biggest gripe with electrics is the range and recharging. It would be nice to be able to charge the car overnight while I sleep and have a full tank the next morning, but what about when I want to do something other than commuting? 200-300 mile range would be acceptable if there were charging stations all over and it only took a minute or two to recharge.

What about battery-version jerry cans that I can use if I happen to need a bit more electricity to make it back to town?

Looks like the trend by manufacturers is moving towards cross-overs, so I would be surprised if we saw any new hummers ever.
    Right now pretty much the only car that fits this is a Chevy Volt or the recently discontinued Cadillac ELR. Pure EV for the first 50 or so miles then continue to drive with a gas engine keeping the batteries charged. Unlike something like the i3 which goes into a kind of hybrid limp mode , when the Volt goes into hybrid mode you can keep driving normally.
    '06 H2

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    Electric is ok, but I'd rather see GM continue with their fuel cell SUVs. Obamacare killed that program, the week before I was to get a fuel cell Equinox for a month.

All Terrain
    Thanks
    Meh. Fuel cell was a failure before it began.
    '06 H2

Spilled Milk

Thanks
    I'm on the fence with new cars overall---love the great mileage and hey, who doesn't like a new car.

OTH--I hate that manufacturers control updates to your vehicle which may impact performance over economy and also has access to see how/where the vehicle is driven and is gaining even more control over your ability to mod your vehicle.

I've got two 1970 cars in the garage and love how stupid simple they are and don't feel that somebody is monitoring what that vehicle does every time I drive it. BUT........when you drive a bright ass purple 70 Dodge Challenger you can't be fooled into thinking it blends in and doesn't get noticed either! And I know there are pictures being taken every time it goes out of the garage--so much for trying not to get noticed! Everybody in this town knows this car and amazes me every time I meet some one I don't know but they know who I am.....
    Last edited by twinmill28; 10-15-2017 at 01:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rascole View Post
    I'm pretty anal when it comes to poking holes in the wrong place.

Super Swamper
    Thanks
    I'd be interested in an offroad vehicle which was all electric, if the motors were integrated with the wheels. Imagine the torque management and traction control one could build that way. -On the other hand, I also imagine the unsprung weight would be pretty significant
    Last edited by LagunaH1; 10-26-2017 at 10:49 AM.
    2016 RAM 2500 Power Wagon
    1995 Jeep ZJ V8

NR6E

Super Swamper
    Thanks
    You missed the bit about GM building hydrogen Colorados? there is no way GM is doing Hummer again, they may make another SUV with the ZR2 package, but your only hope would be it would be a Hummer by GMC (or Cadillac).... it'd be a badge, not a brand. In any case, there is no chance they build it.
    This too shall pass
    on a tow truck