• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

2006 H2 Recommendations on replacing bushings and ball joints

Chaos06

My front wheel broke today on a straight drive down the road. The upper ball joint pulled out of the control arm. I want to replace everything that is rubber with poly and looking for reocmmendations. I'm keeping this till the apocalypse so I want it don't right. Right now I have a parts list from Moog and Energy Suspension but would rather put in the parts on a Baja 1000 Hummer but can't find them. Suggestions would be amazing, thanks!

Chaos06

imagejpeg

Last edited:

atvspeed4

Hey welcome from a fellow Massachusetts hummer owner. Sorry to hear about that and am glad you/ vehicle are okay. The front suspension/ steering components overlap with GM 2500s so if you search for them more options will come up. If you are going to stick with stock control arms I would honestly suggest new factory or moog thermoplastic bushings and then install all new balljoints. We are in the process of helping an H2 limo owner rebuild the front end and are going with these balljoints: http://dmaxstore.com/products/?route=product/product&path=206_55_433&product_id=1100

We have the same manufactured balljoints on our H3 and they are built so much better than moog and other brands we have used. Depending on how many miles you might want to go through the whole front end and upgrade or replace the usual culprits: idler arm, idler arm support, pitman arm, tierods, wheel bearings (if necessary),sway bar links.