• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Three way switch under rear wiper control

Chaos06

image.jpeg

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
Well wrap me in bubble gum and call me Sally! I've never paid attention to that area until your sideways pic made me figure it out. Since I don't use my rear wiper, the last time I looked for that switch it took me a couple of minutes to find it. That's a blank space in all H2's that I'm aware of, it is an interesting thing that it exists for some sort of switch, and since this dash is unique to the 2, makes me scratch my head. It does give me an idea if I need to add a future switch though.

BTW--you might try clicking on that switch with the wife/girlfriend/farm animal in the deuce and see if you can get them to agree to a three-way...

Last edited:

guruerror

Well wrap me in bubble gum and call me Sally! I've never paid attention to that area until your sideways pic made me figure it out. Since I don't use my rear wiper, the last time I looked for that switch it took me a couple of minutes to find it. That's a blank space in all H2's that I'm aware of, it is an interesting thing that it exists for some sort of switch, and since this dash is unique to the 2, makes me scratch my head. It does give me an idea if I need to add a future switch though.

BTW--you might try clicking on that switch with the wife/girlfriend/farm animal in the deuce and see if you can get them to agree to a three-way...

I think the SUVs have a blank there because the rear wiper switch is half the size of the SUT's rear, power window switch. The SUT switch fills the entire opening.

MixManSC

If you want to add a switch there and have it all nice and factory looking.....

red3.jpg

Get yerself a rear wiper switch from eBay or a junkyard for a Tahoe, Escalade, Suburban, etc that looks the same but has the factory fog light switch. You will also need to get a clipped bit of the wiring and plug as well since our stock plug does not have the extra pins populated. To use the button you will have to do some fiddling as it is a momentary push with I think it was 3 more wires. There is also an indicator led (not on in the pic). I have installed it (as well as obviously changing my dash lighting to red) but have not yet connected it up. My plan is to get a 12v latching (need latching since the button is not latching) relay and wire it to where the factory daytime running lights are. I already have the lights which are some nice 4" round LED ones that I'm going to mount where the stock DRL's are and then use the stock fog/driving light button to control them. I'm not going to try and use the stock DRL wiring though - just in case some future owner wants to put it back to stock. DRL are not required here so I'm not worried about having working DRL lights but I have considered adding a couple of very small but bright LED's somewhere and wiring the stock DRL wiring to those. Also of note, as part of my red LED conversion you will notice that the dimmer icons on the headlight switch are also light up. Those icons do not light up from the factory, I added a couple more leds to that side so they would also light up. All of the LED conversion info can be easily found on all of the GM truck forums out there.

Another interesting bit.... our under hood fuse boxes do have a foglight fuse and there is a fuse in it. I've not yet taken the time to see if its actually connected to anything though. I'm thinking that since the same fuse box is used in the GM trucks that is probably why it has the fuse there and labelled. If it's not in use for something I'll be trying to trace the wiring and use it too for the circuit once I get the time to work on it again.

Last edited:

BEFE

I have one too. Actually just added it for a lightbar. Like your idea Mixman. How did you wire that up? The cable only has pins for the rear wiper
a7cf8ece202bde0b5ea5444d8f5cca51.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

BEFE

Not sure what I was reading, you have it in your post ha. Im going to have to find that switch.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk