Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Baja
    Thanks
    I'd be all for either full electric or a diesel hybrid. Range is the biggest concern, but battery tech is making a lot of promising advances. I just wish they didn't feel like they needed to add more computerization than a F-35, it'd be cheaper if you kept it simpler. But I guess then they wouldn't be able to get as much range out of them then.
    2008 Victory Red H3

My build log

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." - General John Stark

N1JPA

Hamster that pokes Bears
    Thanks
    Range is not a concern even now. 300+ range is easily achievable. Charging is, even at a supercharger takes ~45 min to get 80%.
    On other hand, if u can swap battery packs like Tesla's. u can be in an out gust like a gas stop.

Positive= H2 can be quicker that a Vett.
    Last edited by Mb30sdl; 08-09-2017 at 07:55 AM.

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    I would never consider converting my H3 into electric. Now the new Cummins turbo diesel they are offering through their repower program is my choice. My H3 is my break out vehicle. If the $hit hits the fan it'll be a while before diesel is hard to find.

Sent from my Coolpad 3622A using Tapatalk

Super Swamper
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kick'n Dust View Post
    I would never consider converting my H3 into electric. Now the new Cummins turbo diesel they are offering through their repower program is my choice. My H3 is my break out vehicle. If the $hit hits the fan it'll be a while before diesel is hard to find.

**** will be offering ****
    ..... so far it's just been tv/YouTube guys and show cars that have managed to get these motors.... damn VW scandal is slowing down the approval process for new diesel motors waiting for the rubber stamp to start selling

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
    2009 Hummer H3T Alpha
    4 Rancho Lift, 37x12.5x17 BFG A/Ts, Method "The Standard" rims, Magnuson Supercharger, Magnaflow exhaust, 40" LED light bar, 9'' round LED spot lights, SnugTop, Thor Parts bumper w/ swing out for full sized spare, Hidden 9,500 lb Superwinch, Custom Sliders, UCP w/ Thor Parts skids, Custom bed cage

www.ministryofadventure.ca

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RamRod View Post
    **** will be offering ****
    ..... so far it's just been tv/YouTube guys and show cars that have managed to get these motors.... damn VW scandal is slowing down the approval process for new diesel motors waiting for the rubber stamp to start selling

Really? Well there's always the old 4BT. Too bad though, I hear the new design gets great fuel mileage

All Terrain
    Thanks
    There is no way to cheat the laws of physics. It takes way more power to move (and keep moving) a Hummer over a Tesla. I've estimated it takes about 70hp to drive on flat highway at 70mph. That's 50kw. I'm not sure what the total capacity of current battery tech is, but 300 mile range in a Tesla is likely about 125 in a Hummer.

Now if they were to come out with a full 4 motor, one per wheel setup and independent traction control at each corner that would blow any other 4wd tech out of the water. Imagine full torque available at zero speed with independent drive at each wheel!!

Chapter President

Thanks
    My non-verbal 7 year old makes a vroom vroom sound when he want to go ride in the Hummer. Nuff said, his smile says it all and it will be gas until the day it dies or they stop selling gas. At that time, Biodiesel, Propane or CNG, would make a little more sense in my mind instead of an EV drivetrain for a Hummer.
    B I G 2 D A B A N K

2005 H2 SUT, Desert Sand

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Big2dabank For This Useful Post:

twinmill28 (08-14-2017)

Super Swamper
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kick'n Dust View Post
    Really? Well there's always the old 4BT. Too bad though, I hear the new design gets great fuel mileage

It will still come eventually.... just a bit of a set back for now

2009 Hummer H3T Alpha
    4 Rancho Lift, 37x12.5x17 BFG A/Ts, Method "The Standard" rims, Magnuson Supercharger, Magnaflow exhaust, 40" LED light bar, 9'' round LED spot lights, SnugTop, Thor Parts bumper w/ swing out for full sized spare, Hidden 9,500 lb Superwinch, Custom Sliders, UCP w/ Thor Parts skids, Custom bed cage

www.ministryofadventure.ca

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    Hummer owners bought a Hummer when the other half bought a Prius. If you're a GM guy then just buy a Volt. Sorry I know I'm not answering the question... Without a doubt my Hummer will never be powered by batteries. Powered By GM, and dinosaurs.

All Terrain
    Thanks
    I bought my Hummer despite the mpg and typical SUV performance not because of it.
    '06 H2