• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

New dashcam installed - Anker Roav

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I installed a dashcam into my DD this week and here's the video test. I did hardwire the unit using a standard wiring kit that brings it down to 5V from the vehicles 12V system. I used a fuse tap so that the dashcam turns on and off automatically with the ignition. Only took about 15 minutes to install and do the wiring.

I like that the Anker uses a sticky mount vs. suction cup to mount to the dash and the camera is easily dismounted when necessary. I have this tucked behind the rear view mirror so it's not distracting inside and barely visible outside.

Anker Roav Dashcam
32gb micro SD Card
Wiring Kit

The video first shows it in bright sunlight and second shows the performance at dusk

[video=youtube_share;rEtSKX6rM-k]https://youtu.be/rEtSKX6rM-k[/video]

Enter Hummer

Alrock, the quality of that camera is really good. And at $40 off now I have to get one, thanks!

Any of you guys watch that youtube channel DDSTV2? A dashcam can really save your butt!

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
So, did you cut the wire that came with the unit and use that to tap into power and ground, or did you get another USB connector cord?

Other than the screen coming on for a few seconds at start up, is there a way to know it is recording; other than to tap the screen? No little light?

I like it, not sure where I could mount it; maybe off to the left of the mirror since the truck came with a camera for the warning systems and it is placed right behind the rearview mirror.