• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Global Windows Mod for 2003 & 2004

MixManSC

Want the handy global windows on your 2003 or 2004 H2 that comes on the 2005+ models? Even know what that is? On the 05-07 models the heated seats switch on the drivers door panel has two additional buttons. They are "global window" buttons that makes all 4 windows go up or down at once.

I can now confirm 100% that this works perfect on 2003 and 2004 H2's by simply replacing two things and it is 100% plug and play.

You will need to replace your heated seat switch with one from a 2005-2007 H2 and you will also need to replace your DDM (driver door module) aka drivers door master window switch.

There are a few variations of the heated seat switch. Plain just has the heated seat buttons. The 2005-2007 H2's have two more buttons which have up and down arrows. There is also a third version that comes in some of the other GM SUV's which have pedal icons on them and are used for SUV's that come with power adjustable pedals. I do NOT know for certain that the pedal version will work for the global windows but my guess is that it probably will as the heated seat switch module is just a simple dumb switch module without any logic.

The main windows switch module is what the heated seat switch buttons plug into. The DDM (main windows switch module) is key. There are a LOT of variations of the DDM which can come from many different GM SUV's and the H2's. However they are somewhat specific in that the DDM does have logic programming in it. I've also verified that even with a GM Tech2 that the DDM modules CAN be software updated however I also confirmed that at least the 2003 H2 DDM will NOT accept the programming for a 2005-2007 module.
frown.gif
So your only choice is to replace the DDM which is expensive (used from $100 to $175 and new around $175).

Initially I did buy just the heated seat switch in hopes that just maybe plugging that in would work. Oddly with the heated seat switch with the global windows buttons installed in my 2003 but the original 2003 DDM the Tech2 does show global windows on the screen and even registers the button presses but there appears to be no way to get it to actually do anything. Apparently the newer software is the only way to make it work. So I then started trying to determine the part numbers for 05-07 H2 DDM's. I cannot say whether any of the other ones from the GM SUV's might also work or at least be able to take the H2 DDM programming for an 05-07 H2. I can only confirm 100% that 05-07 specific H2 SUV DDM's will work.

I did not note part numbers for the heated seat switches with the up/down window buttons, sorry. I just scoured eBay looking for one and some scrapyard had one listed for $125 but also had "best offer" so I offered $50 and much to my surprise they accepted.
smile.gif
The attached photo shows all 3 versions of the heated seat buttons. That is the one you want also I'd be pretty confident that the power pedals version would also work (just would have the wrong icons above the buttons and the arrows pointing left and right instead of up and down).

For the DDM itself these are valid GM part numbers for 2005-2007 modules. Any of which "should" work perfect as all 5 of these part numbers are specifically from 05-07 H2 SUV's. 15883429, 15211502, 15100499, 15251167, 25770604

The one I finally bought is part #15883429 so I can 100% confirm that by adding the heated seat buttons with the additional windows up/down buttons and replacing your DDM with one with that part number than your will have working global windows 100% plug and play. If you get both and wait to install both at the same time you can literally swap both buttons and switch modules in about 10 minutes. Just have to remove your door panel.

switcheroo.jpg