• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Howdy yall'...... 2003 H2 owner in the south.

MixManSC

Been on the other active Hummer forums for a while. Just really found this one.... Pretty new to the Hummer world but not GM trucks so much of the inner workings are already very familiar to me. Anyways got my 2003 H2 back in February. Its a Lux with air ride, 115k on it when I got it. Already been busy busy busy upgrading, fixing things, etc.

Some of the things so far....
Ditched the Rockstar wheels that were on it when I got it. I know, black wheels are trendy and all but 3 out of 4 trucks I see now have black wheels. Found a nice set of the factory partial chrome wheels in nice shape. Just filled the HUMMER on the centercaps with white epoxy and cleaned them up.
Full tuneup, new ACDelco plugs, Taylor wires, cleaned intake, new knock sensors, valve cover - intake - valley pan gaskets, belts.
Airaid intake tube - will actually be changing this in the next week or so since I'm going to convert it to electric cooling fans and will want a tube without the crazy bend to clear the giant shroud.
Full OBX stainless long tube headers and high glow cats along with GMPP (Borla touring) full stainless cat back - so 100% new full stainless exhaust.
Upstream O2 sensors.
Kenwood stereo with built in Garmin nav. Repurposed the Onstar mic and GPS antennas for this which works great. Kept the Bose Lux amp and speakers and am very happy with the sound.
Deleted the useless Onstar and replaced that with the factory pocket.
Replaced the irritating failing "aspirator" fan just above your head that was buzzing.
Moroso catch can.
New GM Vortec MAX 3 piece engine cover set.
200A alternator - in anticipation of the new electric fans and future additional lighting.
Of course fixed all the stupid leaking lights on top....
Awesome LED headlights installed.
Set of NOS floor mats.
Replaced on of the blend doors that was making it hot on drivers side and cold on passenger side.
Converted all dash lighting (including switches) to red. Fixed flaky drivers side temp control knob while I was in there - disassembled and internally cleaned the contact ring - it would jump all around when you tried to adjust the temp.
Replaced FM antenna on the roof (2003 was the only year with the FM antenna on the roof) since the rubber whip was broken off.
Swapped in an Escalade woodgrain steering wheel. Swapped black airbag for a "wheat" one at the same time for the two tone look that came stock on a few of the H2's.
Removed some of the cheesier chrome crap like the plastic light bezels and fuel area cup prior owner put on.
Updated all operating software to the most current available (I have a Tech2).

Probably a few more bits I'm not yet remembering.... plus plenty still planned over time.

Here is a pretty current pic.

IMG_0935.jpg

Last edited:
Been on the other active Hummer forums for a while. Just really found this one.... Pretty new to the Hummer world but not GM trucks so much of the inner workings are already very familiar to me. Anyways got my 2003 H2 back in February. Its a Lux with air ride, 115k on it when I got it. Already been busy busy busy upgrading, fixing things, etc.

Some of the things so far....
Ditched the Rockstar wheels that were on it when I got it. I know, black wheels are trendy and all but 3 out of 4 trucks I see now have black wheels. Found a nice set of the factory partial chrome wheels in nice shape. Just filled the HUMMER on the centercaps with white epoxy and cleaned them up.
Full tuneup, new ACDelco plugs, Taylor wires, cleaned intake, new knock sensors, valve cover - intake - valley pan gaskets, belts.
Airaid intake tube - will actually be changing this in the next week or so since I'm going to convert it to electric cooling fans and will want a tube without the crazy bend to clear the giant shroud.
Full OBX stainless long tube headers and high glow cats along with GMPP (Borla touring) full stainless cat back - so 100% new full stainless exhaust.
Upstream O2 sensors.
Kenwood stereo with built in Garmin nav. Repurposed the Onstar mic and GPS antennas for this which works great. Kept the Bose Lux amp and speakers and am very happy with the sound.
Deleted the useless Onstar and replaced that with the factory pocket.
Replaced the irritating failing "aspirator" fan just above your head that was buzzing.
Moroso catch can.
New GM Vortec MAX 3 piece engine cover set.
200A alternator - in anticipation of the new electric fans and future additional lighting.
Of course fixed all the stupid leaking lights on top....
Awesome LED headlights installed.
Set of NOS floor mats.
Replaced on of the blend doors that was making it hot on drivers side and cold on passenger side.
Converted all dash lighting (including switches) to red. Fixed flaky drivers side temp control knob while I was in there - disassembled and internally cleaned the contact ring - it would jump all around when you tried to adjust the temp.
Replaced FM antenna on the roof (2003 was the only year with the FM antenna on the roof) since the rubber whip was broken off.
Swapped in an Escalade woodgrain steering wheel. Swapped black airbag for a "wheat" one at the same time for the two tone look that came stock on a few of the H2's.
Removed some of the cheesier chrome crap like the plastic light bezels and fuel area cup prior owner put on.
Updated all operating software to the most current available (I have a Tech2).

Probably a few more bits I'm not yet remembering.... plus plenty still planned over time.

Here is a pretty current pic.

View attachment 22384
Welcome and very nice ride ya got there. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

MixManSC

Unfortunately they are the older style mirrors with a logo stuck on them by the prior owner. Of course they are not folding correctly..... I do plan on fixing that though. I'd love to replace them with the newer style mirrors but they are incredibly expensive. I tell ya... if I could find a decent condition totaled 06 or 07 for a few grand I'd probably buy it just for all the parts that are worth a fortune! I'd also love to get a Gobi rack and ladder like you have on yours but dang - they are expensive. At some point I'll probably get some pipe and mesh stock and weld one up myself (and maybe just get a Gobi ladder). I'm running sans spare tire around town as well. I hate the tire being inside and the rear carriers are a pain the butt (not that getting a massive and heavy spare up on the roof is easy but at least its not something frequently needed). For now I just keep a plug kit (I have the on board air which works great) and hope that if I need it that its something I can just plug. Otherwise it will be calling for help.

Last edited:

MixManSC

Good looking rig. Do you still have the black airbag? Is it the model badged with "HUMMER" and hot the "H2" symbol?

Yep..... Its the older embossed style. Not the newer version with the round tag. I actually like the original embossed version better myself.

If you are curious this is how it looks with an Escalade steering wheel with the wheat airbag. Also a pic of the old bag.

Also if you look close you might notice my rear wiper switch has a factory fog light button under it... :) You can get them from Some escalades, suburbans, tahoes, etc. If you do, make sure to clip the wires and get the plus with several inches of wire. I've not yet gotten to it but I'm going to use the extra 3 wires and add a latching relay and use the button to control the "daytime running lights" which most think are fogs anyways. We do not require DRL's here (although you could always just add some small LED's somewhere if you did still want DRL's) and Im going to replace the stock DRL's with some sweet 4.5" round LED driving lights.

Another key thing to notice. No Onstar, they can still be found (call to verify), but GM did make a factory pocket that goes there. GM Part Number is 15200468....

Wheel.jpg
oldbag.jpg

asset.php

Last edited: