• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Cheapest Alpha T I've seen - $20,882 obo

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
It's clean but at 191k...front diff is probably shot, bushings for sure. T-case and trans are probably in need of a rebuild, that's pushing it for you're standard gm v8, they can go to 300k plus, it's not unheard of but it could use an overhaul im sure.

I saw this one in my searches for my replacement H3 as I am starting to lean towards one with higher miles, but I am factoring rebuild/replacement cost into my purchase.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

fanugy

It's clean but at 191k...front diff is probably shot, bushings for sure. T-case and trans are probably in need of a rebuild, that's pushing it for you're standard gm v8, they can go to 300k plus, it's not unheard of but it could use an overhaul im sure.

I saw this one in my searches for my replacement H3 as I am starting to lean towards one with higher miles, but I am factoring rebuild/replacement cost into my purchase.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Just pulled apart my Alpha with 165k-ish miles. Will post a bunch of photos this week. Can see the scorch marks, the front gears are as thick as new (.082"). The ones further back (sorry for my lack of expertise with terms) had worn down in thickness. Never drove this Alpha, started into it right away. But my guide/help was shocked with condition of tranny (that said, the fluid is definitely not red...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Just pulled apart my Alpha with 165k-ish miles. Will post a bunch of photos this week. Can see the scorch marks, the front gears are as thick as new (.082"). The ones further back (sorry for my lack of expertise with terms) had worn down in thickness. Never drove this Alpha, started into it right away. But my guide/help was shocked with condition of tranny (that said, the fluid is definitely not red...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea that's why whatever h3 I buy I am certain I will have to rebuild the t case, trans and front diff. Maybe get lucky on the trans if it was properly serviced.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

clickclickboom01

Probationary Member
I had to rebuild the front end of my T at 80,000 miles, so no matter the mileage I'd plan on control arms, hubs, diff mount, steering reinforcement, etc.

If you're going for a bigger power build or, 6l60 swap, then something like this might make sense...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Well, someone just posted a link to another Alpha T with lower (but still significant miles) at a lower price.