• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Turning signal/Harvard light not blinking

Panzer07

So I'm guessing the blinking fluid must have ran out since my blinkers don't blink jk.[emoji13] [emoji13] [emoji13]

Anyways I noticed that my right side turning signal don't blink (fender, and rear tail light) the right side front one on the grill does blink. What's odd is that all of the lights are on but the fender and tail light don't blink...the turning right signal indicator on the dashboard does blink faster when setting it on for a right turn...i originally figured a bulb went out and was causing the issue but like I already stated they all light up. What could my issue be.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

deserth3

The tail light bulb has two filiments​. One for turn and brake. The other for when headlights are on.
Your tail light bulb is bad.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Panzer07

The tail light bulb has two filiments​. One for turn and brake. The other for when headlights are on.
Your tail light bulb is bad.

Thank you sir that was it is get one tomorrow luckily I was going to be working on this section to wiring my additional backup lights and backup camera.

deserth3

Might want to do yourself a favor. Bulbs on both sides are about the same age. So one can foresee the other side going out soon too.
To remove the rear brake light fixture. Open the rear door, removed the two screws to the fixture. Then pull straight back. Hopefully the clips won't break. But my bulbs usually go out when it's freezing.

Panzer07

Might want to do yourself a favor. Bulbs on both sides are about the same age. So one can foresee the other side going out soon too.
To remove the rear brake light fixture. Open the rear door, removed the two screws to the fixture. Then pull straight back. Hopefully the clips won't break. But my bulbs usually go out when it's freezing.

Yes i plan on replacing them all, I'll see if they have led tomorrow too. If not it should be enough with the 2 new pod ligths

deserth3

If you go led, you will also need load resistors. Without the resistor the truck will think there's a bad bulb present and will blink fast.

Panzer07

If you go led, you will also need load resistors. Without the resistor the truck will think there's a bad bulb present and will blink fast.

Always something hahaha cant never be as easy as plug and play lol I'll research those resistors tomorrow.

Happy Hummer

I'd also make certain the wires at the rear bumper underneath are in good shape. There the ones that connect to the pigtail for the towing.

Panzer07

I'd also make certain the wires at the rear bumper underneath are in good shape. There the ones that connect to the pigtail for the towing.
Yea I fixed those a while a go since 2 were getting cut thru...
Now so Fri morning I went to autostore bought the same light bulbs and replaced them all 4...the turning signal and everything worked perfect...so I thought that was the end of that...but it wasnt i went to another store nearby and maybe was there like an hr or so when I comeback I tried to start the truck and nothing just a click as if the battery was dead got a jump start from someone and started up no problem drove all the way back home no problem...so i shut it off and try turning it back on and nothing I have a big battery and the drive home was lime 20 min so some charge should have happened as well I don't see how my giant odesy battery would drain on just 1 hr or so that I was inside the store I went after I replace the light bulbs...anyways jump start it again and I let it idle for 40 min turned it off and nothing dead again...my battery terminal are nice and tight and not the oem crap...the battery is probably 2 years old...so I'm thinking maybe my alternator went bad...or what could it be...i was thinking maybe it could be the passlock crap as well, since I tried and drive it and not too far in the drive it just died on me...got another jump start and drove back.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
At least get the battery tested first to see if it's holding a charge. It could be alternator, but your first step (after terminals) is always battery.

Panzer07

Will do the battery first will swap it to other vehicle and run it and go from there, thank you guys