• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Cgalpha08's build

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Had the mirror caps linex-ed, had to do some grinding to get the to mount, the coating is think and some of the tolerances aren't that forgiving.
Also cranked the torsion bars, sitting at 23.75 hub to fender.
Have an appointment to have to grill color matched white. Going with a used painted factory grill. Body shop didn't even want to mess with the chrome and I am ok with that, would rather have it done right the first time.

This is how she sits now
nSEOF6s.jpg

After the grill is done I will most likely have the electrical issues sorted out at the dealer. Not looking forward to that bill.

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Got her back from color matching the grille, just need to get the chrome hood vent black now.

as2GcKM.jpg

ISzrMX4.jpg

Picking up a Thorparts Gen II front bumper this weekend hopefully. Then off to the dealer for these electrical issues.

Updated mod list looks like this

[strike]Black door handles[/strike]
[strike]white grille[/strike]
[strike]white windshield vent cowl[/strike]
[strike]linex mirrors[/strike]
[strike]isimple[/strike]
[strike]UCP[/strike] purchased not yet installed
[strike]extended bumpstops[/strike]
to do:
remove chrome side strip and gas cap
install poly bushings
install upper control arms
still need to get new brackets for the Gobi

Last edited:

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Thorparts gen II bumper is sitting in my garage along with the front part of the rancho kit.
Ill install the bumper and the rock slider once the weather gets warm, in the meantime ill be acquiring all the random bolts for the rancho kit, the rest of the missing pieces, and getting it cleaned up and re-powdercoated.

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Picked up the H3 from the dealer, everything works now. One of the dome light fixtures is physically broken, so a new one has been orders, otherwise it all works!

FYI BCM replacement and reprogramming (at least at my dealer) was $842, just to give others an idea of what it would cost.

The funny thing is that they left a note in the vehicle offering me 20k for the H3, that made me laugh lol.

Now I am just waiting on warmer weather to start on the other mods.

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
I have to say I am really digging the color matched white grill - it give your 3 a really clean looking front end!
Thanks! I had it color matched on my previous h3, but the brush guard blocked a lot of it out. I think once I get the thorparts bumper mounted, it'll look very clean.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"

Attachments

• IpXFqqT.jpg
    IpXFqqT.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:

Acer4LO

I like where this is going. If you have the time could you do a full write about parts you used and what you did etc? Really interested in doing this in the next year or two and want to get as many ideas as I can. Thanks!

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
I like where this is going. If you have the time could you do a full write about parts you used and what you did etc? Really interested in doing this in the next year or two and want to get as many ideas as I can. Thanks!
I would, except I'm working with thorparts (4speed) on the build....more like hes doing it Haha so reaching out to him would be better regarding all of that.

Acer4LO

I would, except I'm working with thorparts (4speed) on the build....more like hes doing it Haha so reaching out to him would be better regarding all of that.

I get ya. Probabaly going to be doing the same thing. I just need to save some money and stop spending on other parts :giggle:

4speedfunk

I might do a “start to finish” video series on this build. It’s a white Hummer and makes for better pics than black. I’ll post up all the parts & prices. Full disclosure. No collusion.

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
I might do a “start to finish” video series on this build. It’s a white Hummer and makes for better pics than black. I’ll post up all the parts & prices. Full disclosure. No collusion.
I think I speak for everyone when I say that's a fantastic idea! If you need another gopro/ camera, I've got one laying around.

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Update:

Im sure most of you have seen it, but here is all of the info on the SAS/SOA
https://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/forum/showthread.php/13496-CgAlpha-s-Solid-Axle-Swap-Step-by-step

New tires have arrived (thanks for the hook up Mutaint) Pro-comp extreme MT2 in 37x12.5x17

LLyRuar.jpg

Currently waiting on wheels, which are back ordered 60-70 days. I had received shipment of 4 of them, however 3 of the 4 were damaged so I am sending them back and waiting for them to come back in stock.
I am going with these, Mamba M14.
JbpyJii.png

Attachments

• LLyRuar.jpg
    LLyRuar.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 260

Acer4LO

Amazing! Share more pics if you can! Going forward I think you could be some 37s or 38s under there that are 12.50 or 13.50 wide and maybe add some 1.5 or 2in hubcentric spacers for more stance!

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Amazing! Share more pics if you can! Going forward I think you could be some 37s or 38s under there that are 12.50 or 13.50 wide and maybe add some 1.5 or 2in hubcentric spacers for more stance!

Probably sticking with 37s, want to keep it very streetable. The wheels i had ordered are 17x9 with -12mm offest ~4.5 inch backspacing, so they should stick out a decent amount, and clear all the steering and hub parts.

I will say this, in 4lo, first gear with 35's this thing wants to take off, it crawlssssssss. Does a nice little torque lift when you put it into gear.
By my calculation the low range gear ratio should be this 3.06(1st gear on the trans)*4.88(axle ratio)*4(t-case ratio) = 59.7 low range crawl ratio.

Acer4LO

That's pretty amazing! We should definitely going wheeling at the Badlands! Would love to see how it performs!

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
That's pretty amazing! We should definitely going wheeling at the Badlands! Would love to see how it performs!
For sure. I need to change the differential fluid here in a few more miles once the gears are all broken in. And flex out the suspension to make sure its ready to go.
Can probably get 4 speed and some others to all go to the badlands and have a nice trip

Sennin

Thorparts gen II bumper is sitting in my garage along with the front part of the rancho kit.
Ill install the bumper and the rock slider once the weather gets warm, in the meantime ill be acquiring all the random bolts for the rancho kit, the rest of the missing pieces, and getting it cleaned up and re-powdercoated.

Really nice setup there

whats the chance of you still having the front portion of the Rancho and willing to part with it :no: