• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

New from Wisconsin

pavaojc

Probationary Member
Hello everyone. Just bought my first Hummer H3 this weekend here in sunny southeastern Wisconsin. I was going to get a pickup, but my daughter (that's her looking happy in the picture) wanted me to get a Hummer. So I thought, "I'll just take the family down to the used car dealer and go for a test drive, they won't like it, and then we'll go look at trucks." Seemed like a solid plan at the time. Then I drove this thing and my plan fell apart. :)

It's bone stock at the moment and while I don't intend it to stay that way, I'm planning on spending awhile getting to know it mechanically and do some maintenance like plugs, MAF/throttle body cleaning, etc. Not to mention wrassling with that idiot tire pressure monitor foolishness.

JuliainHummer_fix_800.jpg

I do have a question if it's ok to ask in an intro post. Maybe it's my imagination but it looks a little higher in the front than some of the pictures I'm seeing. What would be the normal measurements from center of wheel to wheel well in the front and back for a stock H3 Base? Thanks!

pavaojc

Probationary Member
Thanks! It runs really rough for about 30 seconds after you start it up when it's not completely cold (like I came home from work, went in for a few hours, and then came out to go somewhere). After that it runs great and has plenty of power for such a small engine. Didn't do the rough idle thing this morning when it was completely cold. In park it idles at like 600RPM, and in drive the idle seems too slow (never had an I5 before so I'm guessing), it vibrates. I haven't noticed the RPM when it's idling in drive, I'll have to try to remember. Night before last, the CEL came on, but it hasn't come on since. Does this sound like the Mass Air Flow Sensor needs cleaning?

Cyouincourt007

Pavement Prince
Could be several things and most folks here no more than me. What I would say is mine used to do that. It would happen then go away then come back. I recently did the throttle body cleaning and hasn't happened again. Not sure if that's the issue . If you search throttle body here there is a great write up with wonderful step by step instructions. Took me about an hour and saved me about 300 bucks the dealer wanted to do it.
i did the maf and throttle body. Both in that write up I mentioned. I didn't remove the maf from housing just sprayed it,

Chimpy

Welcome! Nice H3 you have there:thumbs:. After my wife and i bought our 06, the first thing I did was clean the throttle body and MAF sensor. Mine idles around 500 RPM in drive with a very slight vibration. The vibration was much worse before cleaning the TB and MAF along with replacing the plugs. It purrs now and overall runs much better. I bought mine with 129K on the clock 2 months ago. I don't have but just a little bit of service history on it up to about 60K so I am going to change the transfer case fluid, trans fluid and filter, both diff fluids and of course engine oil. I am also planning on changing the PS fluid as well. My wife and I love ours; in fact one week after we bought ours, the daughter went out and bought a white 08 lux with only 79K on it because she was so impressed with ours. Good luck with yours.:)