• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Road trip! Though not Hummer related

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Well, Parker and I need to take another road trip in about ten days. I have some work to do in Vancouver, BC, Saskatoon and Medicine Hat so we're going to road trip it to Canada in the Camaro. Parker hasn't had a road trip in a while and has expressed interest in hitting his 35th state before his 5th birthday. Here he is enjoying some Big Country last summer.
Big%20Country%20Aug%202016%20%2860%29-L.jpg

Beginning June 3, we'll be hitting Boise, ID, Vancouver BC, Kelowna, Saskatoon, Medicine Hat, Kalispell MT, SLC and home. (And if there are any f'in burglars reading this, I've got a house sitter.) I've wanted to see the Canadian Rockies for a long time so this is a great opportunity to combine some work and fun. We'll be doing about 4500 miles in 8 days.

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
Sounds like you might be running down I-15 through ID to SLC on the way home. If you are looking for a place to spend the night, let me know. You and Parker are welcome and he will get to stretch his legs with the Malamutes in the backyard.

Last edited:

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Sounds like you might be running down I-15 through ID to SLC on the way home. If you are looking for a place to spend the night, let me know. You and Parker are welcome and he will get to stretch his legs with the Malamutes in the backyard.
Thanks though I'm scheduled to stop in SLC for the night. If things change I'll give you a shout.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Not many pictures yet. Rewarded myself with a ghost pepper chicken burrito in Boise last night.

Then Parker took a selfie at the McNary Dam on the WA/OR line. And I got in a little close to watch the water spilling. 65 degrees in Vancouver beats 105 in Phoenix.
3731c34b1ab09ba0c7f899815a35d836.jpg
7e7d487c4c4695a14053d169a53bf6d4.jpg
1948df7f74f68684cc5d4c9408fd50a5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Ahhhh, Taco Time, I miss the one in Monticello, UT on the way to Moab...that had become an annual ritual.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Finished up the road trip with Parker. Ended up being 4581 miles in 8 days. Parker was a bit annoyed by the end of the trip.

Got to eat at a Taco Time in Boise. We don't have any in Phoenix and I crave their food. This was a Ghost Pepper Chicken Burrito
2017-06-03%2020.04.45-L.jpg

We were able to check out McNary Dam on the OR/WA line
2017-06-04%2009.17.13-L.jpg

And this nice looking bridge that took us into Vancouver
IMG_0674-L.jpg

Loved the look of this tilted slab of rock in the Canadian Rockies
Kewlowna%20to%20Saskatoon%20%2817%29-L.jpg

Unfortunately, with mapping and construction the Camaro found about 20 miles of dirt and gravel roads. Ugh.
2017-06-06%2015.53.30-L.jpg

And this cool wood-surface bridge
2017-06-06%2015.54.30-L.jpg

We made it to Glacier National Park, but the Road to the Sun was not yet open for the season
Glacier%20%2812%29-L.jpg

Parker loves his waterfalls
Glacier%20%2818%29-L.jpg

And finally, thanks to DesertH3, we got to check out a flight simulator!
FlightSafety%20%2811%29-L.jpg

JPaul

Looks like you had fun! Thanks for reminding me what I want to have for lunch as well, I just got back from New England (just NH and MA this trip) and enjoyed eating proper seafood again, but now that I'm back in Utah I have to grudgingly go back to eating land-lubber food. That burrito should help with the transition though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
Hey Alex just found your post and this is crazy we're heading to the Shuswap via Medicine Hat in a couple of weeks! My wife is in Calgary now sorting out her parents house and getting ready for an estate sale. We want to take a break and head out to where they had their cabin in the Shuswap and will be doing the Canadian Rocky drive as well from Calgary.

I'm really looking forward to the beauty of it all. We've driven to Banff and lake Louise several times and it was breath taking. We've had both of our HUMMER's out to Kananaskis (sp?) to wheel with the Canadian HUMMER Club, those guys are great! We've also camped at Beaver Flats southwest of Calgary in the Rocky Mountain foothills and it spoils you forever looking for that kind of scenery.

We were able to drive up there when we lived in Utah but now have to fly up because of the distance. Embarrassing to say but her parents had a Jeep Cherokee that will be our main transportation this time, not sure the Canadian HUMMER Club guys would be so receptive!

Cool to know you were just out that way! Cheers