• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Where to smog a Turbo Diesel in southern california?

bluepipe

Probationary Member
hi folks,
I have just joined this forum. I own a TurboDiesel and want to know where in southern California
can I get it smogged? Are there any good smog shops or just take it to any smog shop?

Any precautions at the smog station?

thanks
mike

Kurt

Tustin is a good spot to go because its usually a visual inspection and a OBD check, plus they can fix anything to bring it up to code.

I've also used the quick smog check places.. I used one on Victory in Burbank... there was a bit of confusion since there was no emissions sticker on my air can, and the guys just guessed everything was present on the system. It passed the computer check no problem.

bluepipe

Probationary Member
Tustin GMC is the biggest H1 shop in CA. Mike S is the best H1 mechanic anywhere. Give them a call.

I called and I was relieved to know that the do smogs there. This way they know what they are doing
and saves me a lot of hassle looking for shops.:giggle:

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
U can do TD smog anywhere, for TD its mostly visual and ODB hook-up for any codes. Just smoged my '08 f350 for a second time. I got a lot of upgrades and no problems.