• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Ultimate Adventure 2017

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Dang Chris, making it look easy. I'm curious, what were some of the comments received about the h3 from the others?

Thanks! Just wait till the last day, the gnarliest crawling and I hit it hard![emoji4]

it was very positive. They asked a lot of questions and loved the DIY tech on the H3. Retaining abs with junkyard axles, taking a rear D70 and making it a steering axle up front. I was the only reader that drove to UA and back from UA. Everyone else trailered to the start and back home after it was over. So I think I got bonus points for truly making it a “drivable rig”

Rick Pewe said he would LOVE an H3T alpha adventure for a camping and a light wheeling rig to explore multiple states in a trip.

The H3 itself they had positive things to say about it and said it’s sad the aftermarket support was lacking but they loved my H3 and the usability it had.

SuperBuickGuy

Thanks! Just wait till the last day, the gnarliest crawling and I hit it hard![emoji4]

it was very positive. They asked a lot of questions and loved the DIY tech on the H3. Retaining abs with junkyard axles, taking a rear D70 and making it a steering axle up front. I was the only reader that drove to UA and back from UA. Everyone else trailered to the start and back home after it was over. So I think I got bonus points for truly making it a “drivable rig”

Rick Pewe said he would LOVE an H3T alpha adventure for a camping and a light wheeling rig to explore multiple states in a trip.

The H3 itself they had positive things to say about it and said it’s sad the aftermarket support was lacking but they loved my H3 and the usability it had.

that attitude kind of makes me laugh because on the scale of work required, a H3 Alpha is a solid axle swap and rear flip away from greatness.... to get to the same place with a Jeep would require more work and a lot more time. I love the removeable top of a Jeep, but even that presents is own challenge for occupant safety because should the worst happen and you put either on its roof, I'd far rather be in the H3. With all that said, I enjoy being in the rig or car that makes em sputter because they simply didn't think it through. You did awesome on the UA and have built an awesome rig, and also put Hummer back on the mainstream radar. There's far less hate out there now then when they came out.... congrats, again.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
that attitude kind of makes me laugh because on the scale of work required, a H3 Alpha is a solid axle swap and rear flip away from greatness.... to get to the same place with a Jeep would require more work and a lot more time. I love the removeable top of a Jeep, but even that presents is own challenge for occupant safety because should the worst happen and you put either on its roof, I'd far rather be in the H3. With all that said, I enjoy being in the rig or car that makes em sputter because they simply didn't think it through. You did awesome on the UA and have built an awesome rig, and also put Hummer back on the mainstream radar. There's far less hate out there now then when they came out.... congrats, again.

Thank you! I appreciate it. I agree 100% it’s funny how guys buy a brand new JK, rip the motor out, put in a GM drivetrain in and then rip all the suspension off and basically redo it all. Well start with an H3 alpha and the drivetrain is already there! Rear suspension costs damn near nothing with a spring over. Then the front is redone but they end up doing the same on a JK so it’s a wash up front. I don’t know why non hummer people don’t see that.

4speedfunk

I like the fact that an old school coil-front/leaf-rear home built rig can hang with all that hi-tech, tube framed, coil over, six figure madness.

It would be awesome enough if Squeaky was just another Jeep...but it’s even more awesome given Hummer’s reputation as a “snob-wheeler”. It’s so refreshing to see a Hummer perform at this level. It’s also cool that Squeaky was on the bottom end of the build spectrum, when lined up with the other rigs. Seriously...people were probably looking at the line up and whispering to each other...“What the hell is that black thing down there on the end?!?!” -haha

No sponsor wrap.
No SEMA parts.
No trailer.
No bull.

Great job, Chris!

Last edited:

fanugy

I watched each of these and held my breath with the flag dragging. I find comfort in supposing that had someone knelt in protest it would have been handled appropriately, and very remotely.

But- these were definitely worth watching. I’m in AZ and have some additional parts of the state to visit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acer4LO

NO FRIGGEN WAY!! Awesome job Chris! Super hyped to see you again this year. I could see why they invited you though, your rig had less problems than the corporate builds!

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
With all of the big news Chris has had to share this year I am still waiting for the news that we are all going to be grandparents and Chris has a baby on the way. :)