Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
Results 226 to 240 of 240
  1. #226
    Bogger
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bellflower, CA
    Posts
    1,529
    Thanks
    322
    Thanked 326 Times in 224 Posts
    Nice.
    2006 H3 Adventure & modified Rancho with SOA

  2. #227
    Super Swamper

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ontario, CA
    Posts
    2,445
    Thanks
    484
    Thanked 515 Times in 383 Posts
    Great stuff...

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    2007 H3 Luxury-Adventure Package...NO More CHROME.
    Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 315/75/16, Wheel Adapters By MotorSport, Odyssey 31M-PC2150ST-M, SAS, Bilstein 7100 series with reservoirs, Pulse-Plugs, AirDoc, K&N Air-Filter, self-rebuilt SS Mega Monster Transmission, ARB Safary Snorkel and Differential breathers , 1" daystar body lift, external trans-cooler, Modded Front Bumper, Mud Inside, Camouflage Paint Job...And A Bunch Of Stickers.

  3. #228
    "Like Nothing Else"
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,086
    Thanks
    633
    Thanked 404 Times in 319 Posts
    Dang Chris, making it look easy. I'm curious, what were some of the comments received about the h3 from the others?
    -2009 H3 Alpha/Adv
    -2008 H3 Alpha-RIP

  4. #229
    a.k.a. "The Jackal"

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Santa Clarita, Ca
    Posts
    8,761
    Thanks
    1,017
    Thanked 1,823 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Squeaky3: 06 H3 ALPHA SAS Hi pinion Dana 44 front/Eaton HO72 rear 5.13 gears, custom crossmember for long arms, lockers, 4:1 T-case, v8 swap, gobi, Smittbilt 12k Custom bumpers....do it all vehicle

    "H3 front axles are like drunk cheerleaders....just use em until they get mouthy...then toss em and get another." -anonymous


  5. #230
    a.k.a. "The Jackal"

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Santa Clarita, Ca
    Posts
    8,761
    Thanks
    1,017
    Thanked 1,823 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cgalpha08 View Post
    Dang Chris, making it look easy. I'm curious, what were some of the comments received about the h3 from the others?
    Thanks! Just wait till the last day, the gnarliest crawling and I hit it hard!

    it was very positive. They asked a lot of questions and loved the DIY tech on the H3. Retaining abs with junkyard axles, taking a rear D70 and making it a steering axle up front. I was the only reader that drove to UA and back from UA. Everyone else trailered to the start and back home after it was over. So I think I got bonus points for truly making it a “drivable rig”

    Rick Pewe said he would LOVE an H3T alpha adventure for a camping and a light wheeling rig to explore multiple states in a trip.

    The H3 itself they had positive things to say about it and said it’s sad the aftermarket support was lacking but they loved my H3 and the usability it had.
    Squeaky3: 06 H3 ALPHA SAS Hi pinion Dana 44 front/Eaton HO72 rear 5.13 gears, custom crossmember for long arms, lockers, 4:1 T-case, v8 swap, gobi, Smittbilt 12k Custom bumpers....do it all vehicle

    "H3 front axles are like drunk cheerleaders....just use em until they get mouthy...then toss em and get another." -anonymous


  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 06 H3 For This Useful Post:

    cbetts (12-20-2017), cgalpha08 (12-14-2017), H3slate (12-15-2017), Panzer07 (12-14-2017)

  7. #231
    a.k.a. "The Jackal"

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Santa Clarita, Ca
    Posts
    8,761
    Thanks
    1,017
    Thanked 1,823 Times in 1,031 Posts
    https://youtu.be/qW4lIMA5-24

    My favorite day!!! I wanna hit sand hollow again squeaky killed it that day
    Squeaky3: 06 H3 ALPHA SAS Hi pinion Dana 44 front/Eaton HO72 rear 5.13 gears, custom crossmember for long arms, lockers, 4:1 T-case, v8 swap, gobi, Smittbilt 12k Custom bumpers....do it all vehicle

    "H3 front axles are like drunk cheerleaders....just use em until they get mouthy...then toss em and get another." -anonymous


  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 06 H3 For This Useful Post:

    3Hummers (12-15-2017), H3slate (12-16-2017), SuperBuickGuy (12-16-2017)

  9. #232
    Super Swamper
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Woodinville, WA
    Posts
    3,334
    Thanks
    173
    Thanked 606 Times in 452 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 H3 View Post
    Thanks! Just wait till the last day, the gnarliest crawling and I hit it hard!

    it was very positive. They asked a lot of questions and loved the DIY tech on the H3. Retaining abs with junkyard axles, taking a rear D70 and making it a steering axle up front. I was the only reader that drove to UA and back from UA. Everyone else trailered to the start and back home after it was over. So I think I got bonus points for truly making it a “drivable rig”

    Rick Pewe said he would LOVE an H3T alpha adventure for a camping and a light wheeling rig to explore multiple states in a trip.

    The H3 itself they had positive things to say about it and said it’s sad the aftermarket support was lacking but they loved my H3 and the usability it had.
    that attitude kind of makes me laugh because on the scale of work required, a H3 Alpha is a solid axle swap and rear flip away from greatness.... to get to the same place with a Jeep would require more work and a lot more time. I love the removeable top of a Jeep, but even that presents is own challenge for occupant safety because should the worst happen and you put either on its roof, I'd far rather be in the H3. With all that said, I enjoy being in the rig or car that makes em sputter because they simply didn't think it through. You did awesome on the UA and have built an awesome rig, and also put Hummer back on the mainstream radar. There's far less hate out there now then when they came out.... congrats, again.
    This too shall pass
    on a tow truck

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperBuickGuy For This Useful Post:

    06 H3 (12-16-2017), clubhunt (12-16-2017)

  11. #233
    a.k.a. "The Jackal"

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Santa Clarita, Ca
    Posts
    8,761
    Thanks
    1,017
    Thanked 1,823 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    that attitude kind of makes me laugh because on the scale of work required, a H3 Alpha is a solid axle swap and rear flip away from greatness.... to get to the same place with a Jeep would require more work and a lot more time. I love the removeable top of a Jeep, but even that presents is own challenge for occupant safety because should the worst happen and you put either on its roof, I'd far rather be in the H3. With all that said, I enjoy being in the rig or car that makes em sputter because they simply didn't think it through. You did awesome on the UA and have built an awesome rig, and also put Hummer back on the mainstream radar. There's far less hate out there now then when they came out.... congrats, again.
    Thank you! I appreciate it. I agree 100% it’s funny how guys buy a brand new JK, rip the motor out, put in a GM drivetrain in and then rip all the suspension off and basically redo it all. Well start with an H3 alpha and the drivetrain is already there! Rear suspension costs damn near nothing with a spring over. Then the front is redone but they end up doing the same on a JK so it’s a wash up front. I don’t know why non hummer people don’t see that.
    Squeaky3: 06 H3 ALPHA SAS Hi pinion Dana 44 front/Eaton HO72 rear 5.13 gears, custom crossmember for long arms, lockers, 4:1 T-case, v8 swap, gobi, Smittbilt 12k Custom bumpers....do it all vehicle

    "H3 front axles are like drunk cheerleaders....just use em until they get mouthy...then toss em and get another." -anonymous


  12. #234
    Brush raked
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Tualatin, Oregon
    Posts
    966
    Thanks
    306
    Thanked 270 Times in 156 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 H3 View Post
    https://youtu.be/qW4lIMA5-24

    My favorite day!!! I wanna hit sand hollow again squeaky killed it that day
    Sand Hollow looked amazing! I want to plan a trip there now. You did great wheeling on the trip. Amazing job on the truck!

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2009 Hummer H3 Championship Edition, 6 speed auto , 35" Discoverer STT Pro, powdercoated oem wheels, Black Widow dual exhaust, Bilstein 5160's front, 5100's rear, Safari Snorkel, Projector Headlights, LED Fog Lights, remote start, blacked out trim, oem rock sliders, Knight Metal Works Expedition roof rack with 4 6x9 KC's, 2 mounted ammo boxes, hi-lift mount, and tie downs, Knight Metal Works Undercarriage protection, Tomp low profile rear leaf spring plates


  13. #235
    Super Swamper
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Wet Coast
    Posts
    3,539
    Thanks
    986
    Thanked 429 Times in 351 Posts
    Awesome!!
    2009 Hummer H3T Alpha
    4” Rancho Lift, 37”x12.5”x17” BFG A/T’s, Method "The Standard" rims, Magnuson Supercharger, Magnaflow exhaust, 40" LED light bar, 9'' round LED spot lights, SnugTop, Thor Parts bumper w/ swing out for full sized spare, Hidden 9,500 lb Superwinch, Custom Sliders, UCP w/ Thor Parts skids, Custom bed cage

    www.ministryofadventure.ca

  14. #236
    Super Swamper
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Tardville
    Posts
    3,693
    Thanks
    165
    Thanked 1,464 Times in 834 Posts

    Ultimate Adventure 2017

    I like the fact that an old school coil-front/leaf-rear home built rig can hang with all that hi-tech, tube framed, coil over, six figure madness.

    It would be awesome enough if Squeaky was just another Jeep...but it’s even more awesome given Hummer’s reputation as a “snob-wheeler”. It’s so refreshing to see a Hummer perform at this level. It’s also cool that Squeaky was on the bottom end of the build spectrum, when lined up with the other rigs. Seriously...people were probably looking at the line up and whispering to each other...“What the hell is that black thing down there on the end?!?!” -haha

    No sponsor wrap.
    No SEMA parts.
    No trailer.
    No bull.

    Great job, Chris!
    Last edited by 4speedfunk; 12-20-2017 at 10:05 AM.

  15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 4speedfunk For This Useful Post:

    06 H3 (12-21-2017), cbetts (12-20-2017), Mr_Rich (01-02-2018), RamRod (12-21-2017)

  16. #237
    Super Swamper
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Woodinville, WA
    Posts
    3,334
    Thanks
    173
    Thanked 606 Times in 452 Posts
    am I the only one that cringed every time the US flag was dragged on the ground behind the Skyjacker rig?
    This too shall pass
    on a tow truck

  17. #238
    Bald Tire
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts
    I watched each of these and held my breath with the flag dragging. I find comfort in supposing that had someone knelt in protest it would have been handled appropriately, and very remotely.

    But- these were definitely worth watching. I’m in AZ and have some additional parts of the state to visit!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fanugy
    08 H3 Alpha
    08 Ram 2500
    07 Dodge Durango
    A longer wishlist...

  18. #239
    Baja

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Rockford IL
    Posts
    1,367
    Thanks
    174
    Thanked 239 Times in 169 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    am I the only one that cringed every time the US flag was dragged on the ground behind the Skyjacker rig?
    I just cringe every time I see anything Skyjacker


    Visit Schwarttzy.com for more parts and info on the H3 Hummer.

  19. #240
    Super Swamper
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Woodinville, WA
    Posts
    3,334
    Thanks
    173
    Thanked 606 Times in 452 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwarttzy View Post
    I just cringe every time I see anything Skyjacker
    lol, fair enough
    This too shall pass
    on a tow truck


 

Similar Threads

  1. Koh 2017
    By 06 H3 in forum Stories from the trail
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-20-2017, 02:41 PM
  2. Ultimate Michigan Adventure
    By SkidRow in forum Midwest
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-17-2014, 04:47 PM
  3. the ultimate AWD vehicle
    By jakesz28 in forum The Firepit
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-22-2013, 05:14 AM
  4. Ultimate Adventure F150
    By 06 H3 in forum The Firepit
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-28-2012, 10:43 PM
  5. The Ultimate Raptor...the VelociRaptor!!
    By cgalpha08 in forum The Firepit
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-26-2012, 02:53 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Logout