• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Cv axle starting to leak

adrenaline

My driver side cv axle is starting to leak, was wondering if autozones duralast gold cv axles are any good, or if there are other brands that are better?

Big2dabank

The ones for the H2 are decent and have lifetime replacement warranty. I go through about two a year and there is no cost to me, they swap them with no questions.

Traxx

Cardone lasted about 6k on my passenger side, not sure if I just got lucky and got a bad one or that's how they are but I will replace it with something else.

kamikazi

I recently ran into this problem.... A1 Cardone has a CV Axle P/N 66-1417 that is too long and the splines do not match. I discovered this AFTER pulling the old shaft! They offer a remanufactured Shaft P/N 60-1417 but I saw no reason to go that way again. I found the DTA GM2580 and got a report from someone who had previously bought them and found them to be the right size... Just waiting for them to arrive!

rascole

Depends on how you drive your H3. Street to trail driving they should be good but wouldn't put a lot of faith in them if you spend some hard time on the trails.

woodwardsh3

Auto zone is great if you like replacing them alot. Rockauto AC DELCO look how long the original ones lasted I had 126000 miles on mine. If you can afford it do it once and be done.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Confirming - is it the CV itself (the flexible joint with the boot) or is it the seal at the end of the diff into which the CV axle is inserted? Just want to make sure you're getting the part you need.