• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

"Remembering Alec" One of the original" Black Sheep"

speedy

Sir Welds a Lot
For those that knew him:cheers: For those didn't:cheers:

[FONT=&amp]In Memory of Alec William Wallis[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]"100% passionate about the things he loved" is one of the first comments that came to mind when we began reflecting on just who this man was. We started to list his hobbies/passions and realized that they were VERY numerous and that all were things that he threw himself into completely--becoming the master of each.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]A favorite memory is of Alec taking a swim in his 400 gallon salt water fish tank before he nurtured it into a beautiful focal point in his home. Home was important to Alec and he took great pride in re-habing space and making it beautiful and deeply personal to fit his family. He had a green thumb that was reflected in his garden--yielding flowers for the yard and lots of vegetables for canning and cooking. He was a master at the grill--preparing everything from Thanksgiving turkeys to the best ribs! He had a refined palate, often taking all day to create the perfect 'sauce' for a single meal. It is rare to find really good homemade Indian curry but you could frequently smell and eat it in his home. The spicier the better on most counts and one could often find him putting pepper on his pepper. He appreciated fine whiskey and cigars as well.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]There was often a book in Alec's hands (usually sci-fi) and he was full of all kinds of information--the greatest of the news junkies. You'd better be prepared if you were going to engage him in a debate![/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Alec has been a life long software engineer and owned a business that sold 4-wheeling equipment. It was a great blessing because it mixed his job with one of his great passions, exploring the outdoors. 4-wheeling on the trails and stopping to camp, hike, and fish with friends was always one of his favorite things to do.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Being an avid photographer and video editor made for a house and Facebook full of awesome images that highlight great adventures. His most recent, taken with his high tech drone. Alec had a great eye and often captured the important and unique moments of life. This memorial is just one snapshot of his life--a life that was full. There is a void left by Alec's death but each of us is richer for having known him.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]He is survived by his mother, Yvonne Verge; Two sisters, Kim Harris (Clyde) and Lisa Palmer; a wife, Kathy Krenning and his daughter, Victoria (Tori) Wallis. He was preceded in death by his son, Greg Wallis.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]To remember Alec's life--feel free to join us at a time of "Remembering Alec". We will be gathering at Bear Creek Lake Park on Tuesday, April 25th at 11 a.m. at the Mountain View Pavilion. It will be a time of sharing 'Alec Stories' and sampling foods he loved. If you are able to join us, please feel free to have a memory ready to share. If you can not join us or don't think you are ready to share out loud, please send stories to Erica Roth (his sister-in-law) at revsroth@gmail.com. Please dress casually and be prepared for the wind![/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Bear Creek Lake Park is located at:[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]13410 Morrison Rd, Denver, CO 80227[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]There is usually an entry fee, but just let them know you are there for Alec's Memorial and you will get an entry pass. Once you have entered the park, take the North Road until you reach the Mountain View Pavilion on your right. The Pavilion is near the end of the North Road.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]In lieu of gifts or flowers, we will be donating to Colorado Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs (coa4wdci.clubexpress.com) in memory of Alec. Please make donations for us to pass on through the paypal account of Alec's daughter --Victoria Wallis with her associated e-mail address of : vwallis93@gmail.com. You can contact Tori at this e-mail with any questions.[/FONT]

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
RIP Alec. You were far to young to pass. By the time I met Alec he was out of his H2 and into Jeeps but he made several of the early BSHS Moab events. My recollection is that he was a very good wheeler. I did not know him well but the trails will miss him.

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
This is a shock. Alec was a friend and we did many trails in and around southern UT and CO together. Had some great camping trips and he always seemed to bring some great ribs.....
campfire colorado camping.jpg
(Left to right; Alec, Steve (NEO), Frank Barnes (Summitup) and Kathy Krenning.)

Last edited:

Neo

Badfish
Alec took a lot of great pix, and he towed a few H3's home back in the early days ;) he will be missed and remembered around the fire... Blue Skies Forever Buddy

Big2dabank

Wow, didn't know him personally but we coresponded frequently. Super great guy, RIP Alec. He will be missed. My condolences to his family.

Big2dabank

I just noticed I still have the 4x4trailtalk.com decal that I got from Alec when the site was still active. Its a great little reminder of a good man that was taken far too soon.

IMG_0876.jpg

Last edited:

H32NV

Sorry to hear about this so late. Alec helped me build up my 3 and towed me out of Spring Creek once, when i was just getting involved with BSHS. I asked about him while in Moab over the 20th, because none of us had heard from him in some time. RIP to a great human.

skippy

I met Alec on my first trip to Moab and kept in contact via Facebook. I will miss seeing his posts about scotch and cigars

:bf1: it was a shock to hear about his passing and thoughts and prayers go out to Kath and his family.

Sewie

Wow. Sorry for bringing back an old thread but just popped in and stumbled onto this. I knew Alec from the old Elcova days and wheeled with him a few times. He was a good guy. RIP AlecW. :(