• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Increase HP or acceleration to 2006 Hummer H3.

lloyd1402

Hi everyone, can any of you suggest me some low cost ways to increase hp and acceleration on a L5 Hummer H3. The thing is that Ive been adding accesories that increase the weight of my Hummer, so I want to help him giving more hp. Some suggestions please.

Happy Hummer

Utilize a low rolling resistance tire.... Eliminate racks, obstructions and wind drag items.....Ease up on the throttle....

deserth3

Didn't buy my 06 H3 for speed. If I have to go I just press a little harder on the skinny pedal.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

K0PIR

Hi everyone, can any of you suggest me some low cost ways to increase hp and acceleration on a L5 Hummer H3. The thing is that Ive been adding accesories that increase the weight of my Hummer, so I want to help him giving more hp. Some suggestions please.

Low cost? It took me years but I added a CAI, better air filter, ported throttle body, Magnaflow cat back exhaust and PCM tune. Now I'm considering an electric fan and of course it'll be time to send the PCM back in for a re-tune :) I would do those things all over again if I had too.

lloyd1402

Low cost? It took me years but I added a CAI, better air filter, ported throttle body, Magnaflow cat back exhaust and PCM tune. Now I'm considering an electric fan and of course it'll be time to send the PCM back in for a re-tune :) I would do those things all over again if I had too.
Thax a lot for your suggestions.

Sent from my SM-N910U using Tapatalk

RamRod

.... speak for yourself... I have my truck pumping out over 400hp and could certainly smoke the tires if I trusted that the 4L60e could handle that sort of abuse

Just saying it's possible!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

08H3

.... speak for yourself... I have my truck pumping out over 400hp and could certainly smoke the tires if I trusted that the 4L60e could handle that sort of abuse

Just saying it's possible!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

400HP 5cylinder? I guess I stand corrected. Impressive.

crwalkerasla

In addition to what has already been posted, take an afternoon to remove & THOROUGHLY clean the throttle body & MAF sensor. Then put in a fresh set of iridium plugs. The boost in response I felt from doing this was equal to that of the PCM Tune. Also, what octane fuel are you running? My '06 I5 got notably better mileage and response out of 89 oct (mid grade) than the cheaper 87 oct stuff.

Good luck with it.

Peep

In addition to what has already been posted, take an afternoon to remove & THOROUGHLY clean the throttle body & MAF sensor. Then put in a fresh set of iridium plugs. The boost in response I felt from doing this was equal to that of the PCM Tune. Also, what octane fuel are you running? My '06 I5 got notably better mileage and response out of 89 oct (mid grade) than the cheaper 87 oct stuff.

Good luck with it.

Someone told me to do this 2 years ago, and I did all three.....wow what a difference, cleaning and new plugs. Only one type of gas here so it had no effect to results, but my acceleration was up big time!

lloyd1402

Someone told me to do this 2 years ago, and I did all three.....wow what a difference, cleaning and new plugs. Only one type of gas here so it had no effect to results, but my acceleration was up big time!
Right now Im using 95 octane gas but the other suggestions are good I will do it...thx a lot.

humvee

I had the same issues with my i5, not enough power for my liking. The 3 makes so much commotion to get top to speed, and 50-80mph was a nightmare on 35s.
Other things you can do: stock-size lighter weight tires, no aftermarket wheels (stick to your 16" alloys).

After an aggressive PCM tune, Borla catback and a header installation, my 3s performance improved noticeably only at higher RPM, shaved 1 second off my 0-60. But by then it sounded like a jet. If you want power, you'll need an Alpha, V8 swap or the i5 supercharger... which costs as much as an Alpha upgrade.

No replacement for displacement (or something) - Good luck!

lloyd1402

I had the same issues with my i5, not enough power for my liking. The 3 makes so much commotion to get top to speed, and 50-80mph was a nightmare on 35s.
Other things you can do: stock-size lighter weight tires, no aftermarket wheels (stick to your 16" alloys).

After an aggressive PCM tune, Borla catback and a header installation, my 3s performance improved noticeably only at higher RPM, shaved 1 second off my 0-60. But by then it sounded like a jet. If you want power, you'll need an Alpha, V8 swap or the i5 supercharger... which costs as much as an Alpha upgrade.

No replacement for displacement (or something) - Good luck!
Thanks for your ideas.

GreatDaneHummer

I run an E fan, PCM tune, custom full exhaust, snorkel with K&N with new spark plugs and clean throttle body and picked up 10hp with the I-5. Basically don't get your hopes up for doing a bunch of bolt on products and getting it to be a speedy truck. With racks and all that stuff we all put on it turns into a heavy beast.

lloyd1402

I run an E fan, PCM tune, custom full exhaust, snorkel with K&N with new spark plugs and clean throttle body and picked up 10hp with the I-5. Basically don't get your hopes up for doing a bunch of bolt on products and getting it to be a speedy truck. With racks and all that stuff we all put on it turns into a heavy beast.
Yes it is bro...thx

K0PIR

What E fan do you have?