• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Budget MT Tire Reccomendations

08H3

I need to replace the tires on my Silverado and wondered if anyone had any recommendations for a budget MT tire. By budget, I mean store brand, or something decent on the cheap. Yes, KM2s, MTR, etc. are great, and I'll definitely pay up to keep those on the H3, but I don't want to put a grand worth of tires on the Silverado since the whole truck is probably barely worth that. Thanks in advance for any input.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I put on Hankook MTs on my H3. Not sure what I paid, but they are significantly less than KM2s. I have about 33K miles on them and they still have good tread depth and could go over 45,000. I'm starting to get some dryness in the rubber and some chunking from wheeling, but my KM2s did that as well after a while. The dry desert air isn't good for tires. I may repeat the Hankooks.

Expendable

I put the Hankook MTs on my H1 because of price point. ~90-100 cheaper per tire on a 37z12.5x17 . They do good but next time around I'm going Toyo Open Country MT because the MTs are noisy and don't grip as well as the Toyos.