• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Big Bear next weekend Sat Jan 28

Zach

Mall Crawler
Anyone interested in a snow run next weekend in Big Bear? Thinking of heading up there on Sat for a day run. Plan would be fire roads, head up to opening of the gatekeeper on John Bull and maybe Gold Mountain backwards. Should be plenty of snow left up there

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
My brothers girlfriend parents have a cabin up there and sent us pictures. There is a TON OF SNOW! They closed all side roads to enter trails. Only entrance is back by the dump or up front (world way?)

I'm in if I can get my bumper finished because without it I don't have a tow hook. I was holding off to post but I'll show what I have to far....still need to add some tube in the gaps to hide empty holes below the tail lights. Add tow hook and hitch. Hitch can be added later

Panzer07

That's looks pretty bad@$$ Chris saw the pic on fb. I'd join but still haven't finish...hoping to finish all welding on this weekend. Hope I can catch some snow this year before it is all gone

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Vdawg1115

That's a badass looking bumper Chris.

is this run just one day? I am available Saturday, but obviously it's gonna be a really long drive for me back and forth from Oakland

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would say it is a one day run. There are some really good breakfast and dinner places to start and cap off the day in. Long ass drive from Oakland though.

Vdawg1115

I would say it is a one day run. There are some really good breakfast and dinner places to start and cap off the day in. Long ass drive from Oakland though.

Yeah. Don't get many opportunities to wheel with other Hummers, I'll think about it though.

Zach

Mall Crawler
Will be moving this to an official run tomorrow. Was looking for a minimum of three trucks going. From the yays I think it's more. [emoji106]

fiveliter50

I'm new to the forum. I'm from the sf bay area, I am glad to see people still get together and go out. I haven't seen much activity as far as getting together and hitting the trails in my area. I don't know if I can make it all the way down there but, What time and where do you plan to meet up, will it be a day trip on the trail and do you think it's for beginners? is there a minimum mod requirement ie lift, tires, locker etc.
If I can't make I do look forward to meeting some of you and going out in the future.

Vdawg1115

I'm new to the forum. I'm from the sf bay area, I am glad to see people still get together and go out. I haven't seen much activity as far as getting together and hitting the trails in my area. I don't know if I can make it all the way down there but, What time and where do you plan to meet up, will it be a day trip on the trail and do you think it's for beginners? is there a minimum mod requirement ie lift, tires, locker etc.
If I can't make I do look forward to meeting some of you and going out in the future.

i'm in Oakland if you wanna wheel

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
For this trip leave early! Traffic has been a nightmare with all the LA crowd trying to get their kids up there to see snow [emoji85]

fiveliter50

Not gonna make it to Big bear. I think the lady and I are gonna camp in Sequoia along the Jawbone to lake Isabella route. Saddle Spring Campground
Ahhh.... Nice! I didn't get the H3 back together in time so I wasn't gonna make it either. Next time you go out wheeling let me know.
Have a good trip.