• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H1 Onboard Air Setups

vrocco

Anyone have pics of an onboard air setup with a tank on their H1? Something that could be used to run air tools or air up a buddy with some lesser vehicle that lacks a CTIS.

Are you using the CTIS compressor to fill the tank somehow? Or a separate compressor? If separate, electric? vehicle driven?

I'd love to see pics of your setups to give me some ideas where to mount the tank and how to plumb everything.

Thanks

vrocco

i think the poster was asking about adding a tank and anything else needed so that he can run air tools.

Yep...this. Either adding a tank to the ctis compressor or adding an additional compressor and tank, something like this: http://www.onboard-air.com/ECONOMY-400C-COMPRESSOR-ONBOARD-AIR-SYSTEM-150-PSI-OBA-DC-OBA-150PSI.html

There are tons of threads online about adding OBA to jeeps. Just wondering if anyone had done it to their H1 and how they did it.

Last edited:

Big2dabank

I added it to my H2. Although that does not answer your question about the H1 setups. I used a DC7500 compressor from Airbagit.com. The specs on the compressor was as follows:

• Duty Cycle...100%
  • Weight.......19lbs
  • Height........9"
  • Length.......12"
  • CFM...........4.00
  • HP..............3/4hp
  • AMPS.........24
  • MAX PSI.....230psi

I don't remember exactly what I paid, but it was around $350 for the compressor. I also use a 5 gallon tank with a viar pressure switch rated at 110 psi on and 150 psi off. The biggest problem I had was power wire size and heat, the compressor uses 24 amps when on and anything above 4 gauge was just too small to supply enough amps. The compressor also gets really hot so placement needs to be well thought out.

Here are a few pics from back when I was setting it up several years ago. I have never tried to run air tools, if I did I would probably need a second compressor to keep the cfms high enough, but as far as airing up tires, I have no trouble airing up my 38" tires with it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

vrocco

Nice setup. Thanks for the pics.

My H1 is pretty new to me so I'm gonna have to try and look for good spots to mount a tank. I do think it's probably better to run a second compressor rather than messing with the CTIS compressor routing.

If anyone else has pics, I'd love to see them!

The ctis comressor is a low pressure but high cfm compressor. It does not put out enough volume or pressure to run air tools. Personally, I would just get a small liquid nitrogen bottle with a pressure regulator, a small bottle about the size of a gallon jug will run air tools that use a lot if air like drills and grinders for hours. A nitrogen bottle is portable- great for the trails. It will cost you way less than a compressor, tank and valving and save you time

Anyone have pics of an onboard air setup with a tank on their H1? Something that could be used to run air tools or air up a buddy with some lesser vehicle that lacks a CTIS.

Are you using the CTIS compressor to fill the tank somehow? Or a separate compressor? If separate, electric? vehicle driven?

I'd love to see pics of your setups to give me some ideas where to mount the tank and how to plumb everything.

Thanks

Ian Ward
Rollin Road Service
Iandanielward@yahoo.com