• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 2006 H3 w/ monsoon system & non-nav. Installed aftermarket, now hardly any sound?

Jayson DK

Hi guys,

Replaced the stock radio in my car with an android unit. I have an 06 H3, and the monsoon system. I used adapter harness Metra GMOS-014.

I'm only getting sound out of the front two tweeters in my truck, and they are very tinny. The subwoofer makes the faintest sound. No sound out of the door speakers.

Any suggestions?
cleardot.gif

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
Off the top of my head all I can ask is you did connect the amp turn on wire to the GMOS-04 connector? (and you do mean a GMOS 04?). Sounds like the amp is not turning on.
But that was many moons ago, and when I pulled the pioneer out of the 06 and put it into the 08, I switched to a metra axxess connector an used the RCA connectors.
Long time ago...

SedonaBound

If you hear output weakly, check the fuse for the amp. I think the problem is the power for Monsoon amp. If you're certain that you have the correct harness adapter (Call Metra with the VIN and they'll check), double check the connectors you put on the head unit wires.

Jayson DK

Hi guys. Been quite busy. I ended up doing and replacing nearly everything on the H3 to make it like new. I'm happy to report it now feels like a new truck! I like my vehicles flawless or near flawless, so here are some pictures and details.

Installed new Double Din Android Nav radio & onstar/amp retain harness & install kit
Replaced new intake w/ gaskets
Replaced new exhaust manifold & catalytic converter w/ gaskets
Replaced all PCV hoses
Replaced all bolts / bushings on suspension
Replaced oxygen sensors
Replaced all interior/exterior bulbs with LED
Replaced both kick panels and door sills
Replaced radio bezel, 4x4 switch, heater a/c controller
2.5" tortion key front lift
2" rear lift shackes
4x Bilstein 5100 shocks installed
Replaced ball joints
Replaced all 4 OEM bump stops with factory
Replaced both power steering lines
Replaced air filter
Replaced rear brake rotors and pads w/ premium ceramic
Replaced TPMS sensros & program
Replaced belt tensioner
Replaced vent valve motor
Replaced encoder motor
Replaced upper and lower steering shafts

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Is that all? :wink:

Just kidding, looks great! Glad you could get all of that stuff knocked out.

Kyle

wow long list of replacements but its like a new truck now surely! id also get under there with a can of rustoleum coating and spray some of those rust areas down to prevent any further rust.

08h3Alpha

Hi guys. Been quite busy. I ended up doing and replacing nearly everything on the H3 to make it like new. I'm happy to report it now feels like a new truck! I like my vehicles flawless or near flawless, so here are some pictures and details.

Installed new Double Din Android Nav radio & onstar/amp retain harness & install kit
Replaced new intake w/ gaskets
Replaced new exhaust manifold & catalytic converter w/ gaskets
Replaced all PCV hoses
Replaced all bolts / bushings on suspension
Replaced oxygen sensors
Replaced all interior/exterior bulbs with LED
Replaced both kick panels and door sills
Replaced radio bezel, 4x4 switch, heater a/c controller
2.5" tortion key front lift
2" rear lift shackes
4x Bilstein 5100 shocks installed
Replaced ball joints
Replaced all 4 OEM bump stops with factory
Replaced both power steering lines
Replaced air filter
Replaced rear brake rotors and pads w/ premium ceramic
Replaced TPMS sensros & program
Replaced belt tensioner
Replaced vent valve motor
Replaced encoder motor
Replaced upper and lower steering shafts

Did you get that radio to play right? What did you use? I'm trying to upgrade my stereo with a 10.1 Joying double din stereo. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

giovannihdzretir

Did you get that radio to play right? What did you use? I'm trying to upgrade my stereo with a 10.1 Joying double din stereo. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What was your total for all the parts wanting to do mine, since it still not running to good. It still pulls up traction failed, also power loss, ck eng, here and there but it's still going hopefully next mo I will b able to put it in the shop the 3//5 time.. OMG..Lol but going to a dealer this time

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk