• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Should Alrock SAS his H3?

Should Alrock SAS his H3?

• Heck yeah! SAS and spring-over!

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • Nah, GM had it right with the fragile, un-manly IFS

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I don;t give a crap. Never did, never will!

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

MaxPF

AGNTSA
As some may know, Alrock has a new DD which means he can do mods to his H3 that might take a bit of time.Mods, like, ohh, say, a solid axle swap! I happen to have an empty 10b front with an open carrier that I would donate to the cause :deal: Building it right would definitely require some financial investment, but I volunteer the labor to build up the axle. :thumbs:

So, what say everybody? Should we all goad Alex into doing it! Vote in the poll and let's find out!

Ryan212

Do it, SFA and SOA :) but I am biased. I can't imagine there are a lot of solid axle H3's running around.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Not sure he will want to go in this direction anymore. Alrock is now more into sunning on Mexican beaches with umbrella drinks and driving topless in his Camaro.

Zach

Mall Crawler
Not sure he will want to go in this direction anymore. Alrock is now more into sunning on Mexican beaches with umbrella drinks and driving topless in his Camaro.
[emoji32]

Hopefully not him topless. Think I just threw up in my mouth with that visual

SuperBuickGuy

I love spending other people's money. SAS is cool. Personally, I won't lose the IFS and would rather a Bebe system (and who knows, maybe someday)..

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Here's a recent selfie from Mexico.
51fKPiB80bL.jpg

Hmm, if I SAS'd before Reloader - that might get him going on his own project!

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I've seen Greg's projects. It'll start out as an SAS but soon I'll have the SAS, a 6.2L under the hood, Atlas transfer case, and a bulletproof build. He won't stop!

CaddyStrophic

What kind of estimated cost would something like that set him back?
I've done some searching and chatting and I'm saving up around $4500 for the parts.

If you want someone to do it, I'd imagine a shop would charge around $6,000-$10,000.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

SuperBuickGuy

I think 4speed's deal on his front ends really is an amazing deal and you'd be hard pressed to beat the ~4500 he charges for a kit.... and really, I do know what it costs to build this stuff. On top of all of that, you get his engineering and design of a system that works. Quite frankly, that's the most amazing part. Or, let me put this another way, should I do a SAS swap on my H3 - I'd buy his system rather then build my own.