• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Mayhem metalworks h3 rack clamps

justin94tt

I think, you are talking about the shims?

Step #12
-Test drive the vehicle. If the steering self centers when exiting a turn and feels normal when driving straight you aredone. If the steering stays turned when releasing the wheel in a turn, proceed to step #13

Step #13
-Loosen all four bolts on the pass side rack
-Slide one shim between the clamp halves from the bottom, push all the way in until itcontacts the bolts.

-Retorque all four mounting bolts
-Test drive vehicle to see if steering has returned to normal, If needed add one shim at a time until steering returns tocenter normally. Adding more shims than needed will reduce the clamping force of your new rack mount.

NOTE: Your steering wheel may be slightly off center after install. This will not cause any drivability issues or tire wearproblems but can be annoying. If your wheel is off center and it bothers you it can be corrected with a “toe setalignment” which is usually significantly cheaper than a full alignment.

lsv_palana

I have installed this clamps and bushing. After installing when turning wheel steering rack cracks a little.. changed rack to new one.. no progress stil cracking when turning wheel. Steering column ok. Changed all x. Rack cracking a little.. when rising car on hijack cracking eliminates... cracking only while loaded.. who can help?

lsv_palana

Today i have noticed that cracking appears while turning wheel on more then one full round and i noticed that upper arm moved on bushings while wheel turned. Mayby i have bad upper arm bushings ?