• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do with your H3 recently? NEW

Lauren

Just depends which adapter you need. If you have the Monsoon then the Gmos-04 unit, if not then Gmos-01, along with a gm antenna adapter. Both units allow you to retain the chimes, Onstar and rap. First though I would have a competent tech remove the aftermarket junk and fix your wiring. Having some idiot hack into your wiring because they are cheap is a great way to have neverending problems.

Sorry, but I didn't take any install pics. It's really not very difficult to wire up the adapter and install a new deck, took about an hour and I removed one of the 12v sockets and installed a usb port since most everything I listen to I keep on flash drives. I like this Kenwood model, I have the same in the Mustang, the interface is very fast. It's relatively cheap since it doesn't have nav, that's what phones are for.

Thank you Traxx!

The Gmos-04 unit and gm antenna come from Crutchfield?
I don't have On-Star .. but it would be nice to keep the chimes!

Do you have the Monsoon system?
I just want to know if this Kenwood unit would match it well.

So, how easy is it to take the stereo out? Is there particular tools I would need?
I'm thinking if I can get the adapters and unit, then I can try to do it myself..

Traxx

You can get the Metra Gmos units from Crutchfield, Amazon etc. I have the Monsoon, doesn't matter what deck you decide to go with, just go with what has the features you desire.

Stereo takes less than 5 minutes to remove. Pull the trim off starting at the right bottom, unplug the connectors, remove four 7mm bolts and unplug the radio harness and it's out.

Thank you Traxx!

The Gmos-04 unit and gm antenna come from Crutchfield?
I don't have On-Star .. but it would be nice to keep the chimes!

Do you have the Monsoon system?
I just want to know if this Kenwood unit would match it well.

So, how easy is it to take the stereo out? Is there particular tools I would need?
I'm thinking if I can get the adapters and unit, then I can try to do it myself..

rascole

Turned 150k on my way home from Mojave road. Some new parts waiting in the garage for me when I got home.
20191027_125322.jpg

SolidusJ

Had enough of the cold weather killing my batter, went with a red top and new terminals.

Realized the zero gauge wire going to the alternator was ripped out after today's.

Attachments

• 20191028_183425.jpg
    20191028_183425.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 279
  • 20191028_183435.jpg
    20191028_183435.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 263
  • 20191028_192048.jpg
    20191028_192048.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 264
  • 20191028_183442.jpg
    20191028_183442.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 263
Last edited:

Lauren

You can get the Metra Gmos units from Crutchfield, Amazon etc. I have the Monsoon, doesn't matter what deck you decide to go with, just go with what has the features you desire.

Stereo takes less than 5 minutes to remove. Pull the trim off starting at the right bottom, unplug the connectors, remove four 7mm bolts and unplug the radio harness and it's out.

Awesome, thank you!!

I just burnt my money on new rims and tyres, OD diff bushes, motor mounts and transmission mount, and in 2 seconds the OD steering rack reinforcement.. :giggle:
so next month, I'll try it! :thumbs:

08H3

Road trip to Washington DC. Wife ran in the Marine Corps Marathon. I think the Hummer has now crawled over all the mountains in the southeast on every interstate that crosses them.

loicnetter1

Road trip to Washington DC. Wife ran in the Marine Corps Marathon. I think the Hummer has now crawled over all the mountains in the southeast on every interstate that crosses them.
Congrats to your wife !

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

MilamJR

I go to Denver multiple times per year since my company is headquartered there. They were allowing people to work from home today if they wanted to. Enjoy the snow. Beautiful place but I think I am going to stay here in the heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ghostbuster

Anyone else get your heart crushed when they tell you your 2009 H3 Championship Edition is worth 11k?

I’m keeping it forever lol

a7ba78e86113b24034cdf8f1119e40bc.jpg

mjferencak

Anyone else get your heart crushed when they tell you your 2009 H3 Championship Edition is worth 11k?

I’m keeping it forever lol

I laughed when I was told my 11’ Charger RT was worth $3500. It’s ok I’m also keeping both the Charger and H3 forever.

amrg

Modded the rock sliders to compensate for the 2" body lift, I feel they look better tucked higher up and had them stick out 1" to make them useful when trying to reach over the roof, then washed it
8fa040513e5dd3e95352a83e3f4ac61d.jpg
a0049f09c3321c4504ae509beff70b3b.jpg

H3V8

Modded the rock sliders to compensate for the 2" body lift, I feel they look better tucked higher up and had them stick out 1" to make them useful when trying to reach over the roof, then washed it

Looks good! What did you use for the trim between the bumper and grille? I only have a 1" body lift, but I don't like the gap.

Jeepwalker

Have you ever swapped with your buddy to see how the FJ 'feels' on the trails compared to your H3T?

Just curious how would you compare (good and bad)?

SolidusJ

Have you ever swapped with your buddy to see how the FJ 'feels' on the trails compared to your H3T?

Just curious how would you compare (good and bad)?

Wouldn't want too, the interior feels cheap and I just don't like anything about the vehicle. It seems to do well, but I always put him out in front of me.